Air & Scare - Smithsonian Air & Space Museum

Murray1134

The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum hosted there annual "Air & Scare" last night. A great family, halloween/costume event. Members of Garrison Tyranus, Carida and the Old Line Garrison attended along with members from the Rebel Legion's Freedom Base, Echo Base and Terrapin Base and the R2 Builders Club, R2DC.

This was definitely a "rock star" event. We were mobbed by photographers before we had even gone 10 feet into the museum. Which if anyone has ever been there is quite large. Intial estimates put attendance at 10,000 or more.

My first real large scale event and I have to admit, I had an absolute blast and can't wait to do it all again.

100_3392.thumb.jpg.569bac83cb1b19bf8e98ee9ceaf8a1e8.jpg100_3435.jpg.153ee746e00f8b05743824cb7aebd08c.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Yes, that is U.S. Space Shuttle Enterprise. It never flew in space, but is was instrumental in proving that the "flying brick" that is the Space Shuttle could actually be piloted to a safe, aircraft-like landing.

This event was a blast! Tiring, but a blast. Thousands of fans of every age, including lots of kids in Star Wars costumes (including a 3-year old wearing a pretty good-looking TK, gotta find that picture), and you couldn't ask for a better setting for a Halloween troop than the National Air & Space Museum. I got called a clone a number of times, but I guess that's to be expected. :rolleyes:

My only regret is I didn't get to see nearly as much of the museum as I wanted, as I couldn't go a few feet without a line forming for pictures. Of course that was nothing compared to the line of fans wanting pictures with Vader, it actually looked a lot like the line one would expect for photos with the mall Santa during the holidays. Vader Claus, maybe? :lol:

As a bonus, I got to field-test my newly-modded Elite costume. I need to make some tweaks here and there, but overall it worked out pretty good. Submission pics soon!