[65] TK-66744 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Morgi

• 4 weeks later...
Am 28.8.2023 um 18:49 schrieb Sithping:

Looks like you all had an amazing troop! 

Awesome to see so much white armour amongst your ranks :salute:

It was amazing! Always a very special event for most of us. And, yes, there were a lot of TK's :dancing-trooper:

And thank you @BAZINGA, glad to hear that :peace:

[58] 23.09.2023 -- Family Day at VW Global HQ, Wolfsburg, Day 1

2uvinT8.jpg

Since this might be my last troop for the next few months I was determined to make the most of it. We entered the factory premises early in the morning after a security check and were shown to our changing room next to the photo studio. Alongside eight troopers from the German Garrison, VW had invited another eight costumers from a local club.

mP1ZJeD.jpg

To cover the whole area we were split into four groups with different troop times. So as the first group (pictured above) started, we, the second 501st group, got to tour one of the factories out of armor. Afterwards we headed back and got changed into costume an hour early, anticipating a delay in getting to our post due to the crowds outside.

pml0Vfr.jpg

As it turned out, we had naively underestimated the crowds. It took us nearly 3.5 hours to get to our post, at which point our 2 hour shift was over and we managed the 600 meters back to the changing room in a record time of 1.5 hours. All along the way we were stopped for pictures, never managing more than a few meters before being crowded again.

oxk8LNW.jpg

This was the only picture I managed to take during the troop. Next to me is TK-56347 with whom I trooped the whole day as a group of two (we'd early on found out that as a group of four we would move even slower). After we got back to the changing room we took a couple of pictures in the photostudio. Later that day I found out that there had been about 40000 visitors that day. 

tkmCBiz.jpg

[59] 24.09.2023 -- Family Day at VW Global HQ, Wolfsburg, Day 2

place holder for group picture

Having learned our lesson from the previous day, we started off in private, using the photostudio to its fullest extent. This day we were only five troopers from the 501st, but we were an amazing group to troop with. 

uMODIX3.jpg

Then we braved the crowds. This time around we didn't even try to get far from the changing room and instead got to participate in a few of the activities nearby. I got a perfect score in hockey, missed all my shots at the football goal and danced along to the music playing. Of course we also got a picture with the DFB (German Football/Soccer Club) mascot.

wVHxaS5.jpg

We went on to taking even more pictures with visitors. One kid even had a Lego StarWars figure with him because he had heard that there'd be Stormtroopers at the event. All in all, it was a really fun, but exhausting event. I hope we'll get to troop this again in the future -- but with twice as many troopers.

wJ8vCc7.jpg

TK-66744 signing off 

Yki0G2e.jpg

• Like 5

• Morgi changed the title to [59] TK-66744 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
  • 1 month later...

[60] 21.10.2023 -- Elbenwald Store Hamburg Re-Opening

Edm4VG0.jpg

Sixty already?! Time sure does fly when you're having fun! As you can see, I got lucky and managed to snag another troop for the year. At first I feared that I wouldn't be able to participate due to a once-in-a-century flood the day and night before with several nearby cities flooded and a terrible storm that kept me running around all evening trying to secure everything. However, with the help of the wonderful DZ-23203 (as Bo-Katan this troop) and her boyfriend, we managed to get there bright and early. 

i2EBcqV.jpg

Of course we started the troop with the obligatory elevator selfie. If you've been reading along, you'll probably recognize the store -- I've trooped at both their festival and another store of theirs before. Since it was re-opening day for them, we were invited to patrol the area and entertain the guest. Some of them had been waiting for two hours to be the first in the store...! No wonder, with 40% off for all costumers. 

hcDIf2e.jpg

Of course we couldn't miss out on shopping ourselves. Okay, in this picture we don't actually have any merchandise with us and are just posing in front of the store. But at the end of the day we got to buy stuff ourselves! I got some new Stormtrooper t-shirts, Christmas gifts for my siblings, and a Darksaber for my TK-sister who sadly couldn't join us that day. Most of our day, however, was not spent inside the store, as their AC was broken and it had gotten insanely hot in there. Always remember to take breaks and hydrate!

uMYv8k8.jpg

TK-66744 signing off 

GTxzix0.jpg

• Like 4

• Morgi changed the title to [60] TK-66744 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
  • 1 month later...

[61] 09.12.2023 -- Comic Con Stuttgart, Day 1

9HgjSYM.jpg

My first three-years-in-a-row troop, how exciting! This exact event had been my third troop back in 2021, I'd managed to troop it again in 2022, and now I was back for 2023. Compared to the previous two years the layout of the convention had changed -- we got our very own Star Wars area with a couple other clubs and had a truly wonderful booth with several photo points and exhibits. With the changed layout also came a plus of visitors: a plus of about 15,000 visitors for the whole weekend compared to the previous year!

IfbIF68.jpg

With the Surplus of visitors came a lack of space, so I apologize that most of my photos of Saturday were taken during the group picture of the 501st, since that was where we had the most space. Everywhere else was cramped, overcrowded, hot and stuffy, so I spent most of my day near our booth seeking out some peace and quiet that came with being away from the main hall space. 

pJz6YRN.jpg

Since we were so many troopers on Saturday, we got to take some awesome pictures and videos with the Witches and Thrawn after the group picture. You should definitely take a look at this video of us! All that time back there for the photos was probably my favorite time during the troop. Once the first people began leaving I even got to take a few pictures of my own, which was great. 

hteF7iT.jpeg

Additionally, this troop was a wonderful opportunity to meet many of my friends once more. Given that I live in the very north of Germany, it's not often that I get to see my friends in the south and I'm always glad when I get these opportunities. 

WnGGn7m.jpg

[62] 10.12.2023 -- Comic Con Stuttgart, Day 2

HhHv2Wu.jpg

Day 2 was less busy with less visitors around, so we got to enjoy the con a bit without people constantly bumping into our armors. To that end, we started off by exploring the halls and taking pictures. This day I was joined by TK-71384 and TK-92227, turning this into an official Fireteam troop for the Chaos Division. 

n0T8j7D.jpg

This day it was a lot easier to run into our friends for a quick chat and a couple of pictures. Gotta love the Christmas-vibe of the picture above, right?

2Km5B7I.jpg

After the 501st group picture, us TK's went to take over the gaming stage with Lord Vader. On our way there we had to be careful not to stop, because once we stood anywhere, visitors would flock towards us, asking for a picture. Fair enough, how often do you get a TK patrol with eight troopers and Lord Vader, after all? Definitely one of the highlights of the convention!

rEfqyiU.jpg

Once I got out of armor in the afternoon, I got to join TK-55550 for something special. A trooper had brought along a TK-kit and we were going to build it live at the convention -- well, at least do some trimming that is, for a full build we'd have needed more helping hands, tools, and time. Definitely a fun and special way to end the convention before traveling at least part-way home, completing the last few hours of travel the next day. Thanks for letting me join you, Danny!

FqetGLG.jpg

TK-66744 signing off 

pcSRZwh.jpg

• Like 5

• Morgi changed the title to [63] TK-66744 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)
Am 19.12.2023 um 15:19 schrieb BAZINGA:

Wow!  So many TKs I love it all!  Bart

Right?? Can't ever have enough white plastic! Really grateful we've got so many TK's in my Garrison :dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper:

[63] 16.12.2023 -- Dreamhack Hannover 

ZO4Elmc.jpg

Time for the last event of the year! With troopers from all over Northern Germany, we patrolled the gaming convention in Hannover for the weekend. I got to join on Saturday with TK-71384 and TK-92227 as the Chaos Division. 

yW9NMo8.jpgY7udYcu.jpg

We met old and new faces, made sure to keep everything in order and went on patrol with ID-15519 and TK-21698. Since there were a few games we could play as well, we faced off against a cyber bullying monster and even got under the top ten! Even though us troopers might not hit anything, we've got a very good sense of timing apparently, as the game was all about fast reactions and proper timing. As a price we got a t-shirt and a bag with goodies.

klZ07NH.jpg

To end the day, I did an armor swap with my good friend and clone-brother CC-75367. And although my armor wasn't a perfect fit for him and the Wolffe armor felt a bit awkward in places, nobody noticed that we'd switched -- as long as we wore our helmets at least. And the double-takes we got with our buckets off might just have been the highlight of the troop. After this, I am even more hyped for my own Clone armor!

4MHxrqs.jpg

TK-66744 signing off

1HsF9XJ.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

[64] 03.02.2024 -- Retro Amour, Day 1

4Ns4J2M.jpg

First troop of the year! I have no idea, just why I expected the event to be less boring this time around, but similar to last year there was minimal interest in us and it was a pretty small convention. However, we did not let that stop us from having fun. 

OEyGa1M.jpeg

We took pictures with the few people who wanted to take pictures with us, listened to the frequent Ghostbusters song playing at the booth across, quite a few of us bought merchandise, and we simply used the time to catch up with each other. It was great seeing so many familiar faces and getting to troop with my former squad once more!

2FXbAIo.jpg

[65] 04.02.2024 -- Retro Amour, Day 2

lxMvtZH.jpg

Not only were there fewer visitors on the second day, but also our white plastic got reduced to myself and a scout. Instead we had a group of Tuskens and quite a few pilots with us on Sunday.

JRvG9g5.jpg

To pass the time, we did booth duty, patrolled the convention and stumbled across some retro games that had been set up. Can't believe I didn't find them the previous day -- they were really fun, even if I spectacularly lost at Mario Kart.

kLRP224.jpg

DZ-88900, TB-88723 and I went to catch some fresh air at some point in the afternoon and almost caused a few cat accidents by standing next to the street on the sidewalk. Luckily, traffic was slow so nothing actually happened. In general a very quiet troop. Still, thank you to DZ-88900 for letting me stay at his place, so I could attend this troop in the first place!

w2qCHZl.jpg

TK-66744 signing off 

yh89Qap.jpeg

• Like 5

• Morgi changed the title to [65] TK-66744 Troop Log (Social Media Consent)

Nice turn out for those of you in costume though!

One of the last ones I did in 2023 they had us tucked away from the main crowd, which was small to begin with, so we were left to our own devices much of the time to make our own fun too.  Bart

• Like 1