$100 FX build[*FX]

yup thats right i only paid 100 smackers for my fx kit :P at least thats what i think it is

story on how i got it

its 10yr old $100 armor lol

so this is how it looked when i got it, you can see the thighs already put together. not the best job

TrooperSuit001.jpg

TrooperSuit002.jpg

TrooperSuit003.jpg

TrooperSuit004.jpg

it did come with some extra goodies though

a com-link w/new paint now (thats that tan glue stick looking thing)

a left handed holster

a spare set of arched shoulder straps

a extra thermal detonator panel

a extra belt panel thing

and new vinyl decals for the bucket

no aerators and the screw covers for the ears though, and the foil tape for the td is wrinkly

no manual too so im just winging it :D

so this winter im gonna be busy with my 2 projects :blink:

bmw e30 engine swap

DSC06702-1.jpg

and my tk armor

god it sucks being 19, too much time

ill send you a pm tntrooper

thanks, ive been walking around with the arm on to see how it affects my moment and its not that bad, might need some foam inside the arms though they keep falling down

thats my first e30, i had 2 e36s (325i/318is) but i got the bug and ended up buying a 89' 325i, but 3 months in i blew the engine bah. e34s are wicked safe, my friend just rolled one (4 days after he got it from the guy he sold it to) and he only got a black eye and bruises, not his fault the back end just swung out and he over corrected

you on bimmerforums? im pennpen there

thats my first e30, i had 2 e36s (325i/318is) but i got the bug and ended up buying a 89' 325i, but 3 months in i blew the engine bah. e34s are wicked safe, my friend just rolled one (4 days after he got it from the guy he sold it to) and he only got a black eye and bruises, not his fault the back end just swung out and he over corrected

you on bimmerforums? im pennpen there

Nice, I had a 86' 325es and and 87' 325is. I have a 540i sport now which I love, V8 brute power FTW. I used to be on there I haven't logged in for so long. Any who here's my whip:

l_bdfec7badc979dee2a5f23307dc33596.jpg

I have since replace the side moldings so there are no running lights in the bumpers for the clean European look. :D

Hah, that's the first time I've ever seen an FX Stormtrooper that wasn't trimmed!

I've seen a few in my time. No more than 5 total though.

dude that things sick, are those real BBS LM's?

must love that 6-speed right lol

ill take your clean sunny cali shot and raise you with a dirty snowy new england one, my 318is at a friends house

Photo6.jpg

i guess back then they came roughly cut, still waiting on my dremel to come in so i can get the chest cut

yeah i thought i wouldn't need it, seems like a straight forward build, might need some instructions for the helmet though

You don't need a manual for FX, this site is better. The manual isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Yeah, I didn't even use is when I was building my FX kit.

dude that things sick, are those real BBS LM's?

must love that 6-speed right lol

ill take your clean sunny cali shot and raise you with a dirty snowy new england one, my 318is at a friends house

Photo6.jpg

i guess back then they came roughly cut, still waiting on my dremel to come in so i can get the chest cut

yeah i thought i wouldn't need it, seems like a straight forward build, might need some instructions for the helmet though

Yes those are BBS LMs. Nice e36, I miss my e30s all the time. I am thinking of getting an e30 318is as a daily driver eventually. When you trim you kit make sure to take your time and trim off a little at a time, you can always cut off more later but you can't put back the plastic you already cut.

I seriously wouldnt bother with the FX helmet. I think most would agree as well. Get your self a Master Replicas CE helmet. (aka MRCE)They run around 100 bucks, and are way more accurate and all ready assembled. They look pretty good right out of the box, but will need a few minor mods to make it 501st acceptable, or if you wish, even more screen accurate with a lil more work. You got a killer deal on the armor, might as well do it right! Even better if you dont mind spending a little more, you can get a "seconds" helmet kit from AP, its only a little more cash and none can even tell theres anything wrong with it. AP is very strict with the quality and even there "seconds" are excellent. EVEn better, get a regular AP or TE2 and you are golden. Good luck with the rest of your build, and damn you for getting such a good deal! :P lol

yah i really like the m42's, the 91 318is are nice since they have the airbags and no m10 while still being a e30, i was getting in the low 40's gas wise in my 318is

i miss that car so next ill get either a 91 318is, e30 IX (snow racing up here), or a e36 318is again except with some extras since mine was the cheapest version lol cloth e36

i just got my new dremel, riveter, velcro, clamps, and needle files so ill have some pics of the work i did this morning tonight

with less then a week till halloween i dont think ill get it in time so the fx one should do fine, its either that or the rubies one i have...... my friend took a pic of it on me and no, its tiny lol

yeah i like the deal i got, ALOT :D

heres a pic from last week

Photo10-1.jpg

yesterday morning i-

cut both sets of biceps

did one thigh but it needs work, its hard to walk in it keeps hitting the back of my knee

cut the bottom of the chest a bit (do i leave a lip at the bottom?)

finished both shoulder bells

my gf made me a simple neckseal, the ribs aren't that puffy kinda just lines

did one calf

i need to smooth alot of the edges on everything except the bells

heres my bed, i wanted to see how everything looked

DSC07259.jpg

• 4 months later...

trying to get my armor done for a local st patty's parade

to do list-

belt-sewing up a canvas one

boots-paint boots

shim the thighs (right thigh is to tight) and calfs (wont close with boots on)

heres what i looks like when not being worked on or worn

DSC07423.jpg

upper part on me

Photo4.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo1.jpg

found out my armor might be a fx recast lol

maybe not the case, did FX armor come trimmed 10 years ago? Didnt you say the armor was that old? But then again, 10 years ago, if it wasnt a recast it would prolly have Follano's signature on it somewhere. Whatever the case, its a killer deal on some plastic!

Does it have the much sought after old school FX thighs?

Is this still for sell? i read the thread twice and i think i missed of didnt understand if u were keeping this or not......

Going to read this again :)