Shadow stormtrooper build

Hi guys! im new in the forum. Last two months i have been using my weekends to assamble my shadowtrooper kit. At first it has been difficult to find help, here in my country, we were under lockdown and couldn get much help from the peruvian members at that time. Any way now i have made some advance:

K3RKXrB.jpg

PL6bzRU.jpg

e15bKsy.jpg

L0V8QO2.jpg

XHfZhTi.jpg

My problems started with two parts, one in the leg and another in the arm. First ill show you the arm

9RPzwsW.jpg

This type of cut i dont have it the "good part".

f3ZpKid.jpg

JGr7k3R.jpg

What should i do? just cut it?

Then the leg, oh the leg. It was a huge problem, it wasnt correctly molded 

3DkFDv7.jpg

I use that white paint to reference how it should look, the i started using a heat pistol and trimming

y0bWRHX.jpg

f3aYkJB.jpg

Im not sure if its to far damaged to be used...

PS: Big thanks to this forum, without your help i couldnt have even started

Edited by LowGroundAnakin
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome, looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Looks like a few images are missing from your post, make sure you use the "direct link" option to copy in the address from imgur, a helpful thread is here 

• Like 1

hace 36 minutos, gmrhodes13 dijo:

Hello and welcome, looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Looks like a few images are missing from your post, make sure you use the "direct link" option to copy in the address from imgur, a helpful thread is here 

Thx for the advice,  it took me a while until i discovered how to post images here. 

• Like 1

With any warped pieces I use a heat gun (use a hot water bath for the unexperienced) and blocks of wood, once heated sandwich the plastic with the wood and move around, this works better if the wood is shaped to the deserved curve of the plastic. Can be a tedious process as the plastic will try to settle to it's original shape so you have to keep moving the blocks around until it's finally cooled.

• Like 2

Hi guys! sorry for the late reply.

Ill try to get some pieces of wood for bending the plastic in the leg, thanks.

On the other i have 2 questions here :

VcFYgtz.png

I have this problem in the arm, im not sure i should cut both pieces to make them "leveled"

And in the legs...

nztLG4h.jpg

Mlc89SU.png

The entire armor is asymmetrical, meaning left and right limbs and even other armor sections differ in length and even design. Ex. left and right arm lengths are different, same with the legs.

Unless you need or want to cut it to match you can leave it as is and it's perfectly acceptable at all levels of approval. 

As for the lower shins you can trim the same length, on both inner and outer if you wish. It doesn't have to be perfect

hace 19 horas, ukswrath dijo:

The entire armor is asymmetrical, meaning left and right limbs and even other armor sections differ in length and even design. Ex. left and right arm lengths are different, same with the legs.

Unless you need or want to cut it to match you can leave it as is and it's perfectly acceptable at all levels of approval. 

As for the lower shins you can trim the same length, on both inner and outer if you wish. It doesn't have to be perfect

Well that explains a lot, i thought it had to be symmetrical and it was a failed part.

Yestard i used a dremel to cut the excess on the shin :)

cN5ar6y.jpg