How to Fly with the Armor?

Hi Troopers!

I just got my armor and I need to fly domestic to Boston. I was planning on getting one of those Home Depot hard boxes (Husky kind), put a lock on and fly with it like that.

Those of you who have flown with their armor, is this a good approach or should I look into something else?

Thank you for the help!

I've travelled with a hard plastic suitcase with OTTK armor and found 2 cracks in the backplate after travel, but everything else was ok, I'd say they had a lot of weight on top of the box at one stage.

I also travelled with hard husky style box, very large but with FOTK armor and weapons was over 34kg so I had to pay extra freight, very strong and room for padding and soft pouches around armor pieces to stop scratching, BUT they still managed to destroy one of the extra sturdy wheels, the center of one was ripped right out, who knows what they did with it. 

Helmet always travels in a soft bag as cabin luggage. 

This is how I flew to america for 3 celebrations and the Rose Parade.

80 liters metal hardcase with TSA approved locker. I also usually include a "content description" for when they open the box so that they know it's a costume replica.

Now obviously not all armors can be nested as easily as an FX armor. In my case everything fits with the chestpiece being nested in the dorsal part, same for ab plate and backplate. Shinguards are inside the tights and the forearms are inside the shins. As for shoulder bell + biceps : biceps are put into each other and nested into the combined shoulder bell, all that fits inside the helmet.

Never had damage to the armor, but keep in mind that armor FX models are rather sturdy.... adding padding will obviously help.

Final piece of advice : check the size limitations for luggage prior to flying, so that you don't end up with a bad fee upon checking in / boarding...

IMG_20210110_181505373.png