I am very excited to start this project of building a TK ANH Stunt. I inherited this Shepperton Design Studios battle spec armor and helmet and after making my way through the CRL, there are a lot of modifications to make. I took pictures included below, but I had to put on the armor and take the photos myself, which proved to be tough. I couldn’t get the thermal detonator on by myself.
I would like to go for Expert Infantry right off the bat, but this is pending on not having to replace big pieces like the helmet.
So here is where I believe I need to make changes, let me know what you folks think of this list, and if I’m missing something:
- Looks to me to meet all basic CRL requirements, I would like to think it may be EIB or close, but I need your expert opinions on this.
- Got that.
- They are attached with Velcro, which looks to meet both basic and EIB.
- Looks good to me for both basic and EIB
Biceps, forearms armor:
- They all have the overlap construction and no cover strip. Just to be clear, I need to replace that with a cover strip for basic or EIB approval?
Gloves and hand plates:
- Got those, attached to the rubber black gloves with Velcro.
- It is currently connected with black elastic straps to the side, does that need to be replaced with white straps for EIB?
Back plate, kidney armor and under suit:
- Got those.
- The buttons seem to be on the lower end of the diameter measurement, not sure how much of an issue this is.
- There is a clear gap between it and the kidney armor closer to an inch, do you recommend shims for this as the CRL mentions?
- I don’t have rivet in there yet for EIB.
- I do not have the 2 rivets for EIB in there yet.
- This needs to be replaced with canvas belt.
- Is the ABS front ammo belt good to stay?
- I need to get the buttons for EIB, they are not present right now.
- I do not have metal clips, for now just one big ABS. I will need to get that replaced.
- Also need the screws for EIB.
- Has the overlap construction, same issue and question for you as forearms and biceps.
- The thigh ammo belt is on with 2 white screws on each side for now as it is a separate piece. Can I fix it for EIB without having to replace the whole thigh?
Lower leg armor:
- Also has the overlap construction…
- The sniper plate is also attached with 2 screws same as above, not sure how to tackle this problem for EIB, has anyone dealt with a similar issue?
- They work but they are huge! They go up to mid calve (see picture below). Is this acceptable?
- I don’t have one, I need to buy that.
Lastly, any tips on how to make the suit more comfortable? I feel like I can barely move, sitting is out of the picture for now too.
Sorry for the long post, please let me know your thoughts on this, I am looking forward to joining the ranks!!
Thank you for your help.