Transporting armor: tote or bag?

I drive a midsize car. Can anyone recommend a transport option that would fit in the trunk and still allow my wife and kid to travel with luggage also? We have an existing "deployment bag" 31-inch by 17-inch by 13-inch but I'm concerned that even with padding it won't protect my TK armor.  Example bag https://tacticalgear.com/mercury-tactical-gear-deployment-container-bag

1 hour ago, Tigersmurf23 said:

I drive a midsize car. Can anyone recommend a transport option that would fit in the trunk and still allow my wife and kid to travel with luggage also? We have an existing "deployment bag" 31-inch by 17-inch by 13-inch but I'm concerned that even with padding it won't protect my TK armor.  Example bag https://tacticalgear.com/mercury-tactical-gear-deployment-container-bag

Imo, in short, it won't. A wheeled, hard-sided container is absolutely more advantageous than a soft one - especially while lifting and carrying. You don't want your armor bending or rubbing if you can help it. I drive a Honda S2000 (so about as small as you can get) and have been using this $17 Sterilite rolling footlocker these last several years - it's a tight fit in my front seat, but prevents things from moving around much. I can get everything but my helmet in it nicely with a little work - the front and back clamshells I separate and stack flat in a pillowcase, then put the forearms into the shins, shins into the thighs, and thighs into a pillowcase as well. I use a padded helmet bag, and small packing cube for my soft goods and another for electronics/acceessories/etc. I don't recommend it necessarily, but if space is an issue, it may work better than a soft sided container. Take good care of your armor and it will last for years. 

Many of us use a suit case, fits in most vehicles, all the parts will fit inside the torso so fits easily in a suit case, helmet carry separately 

• Like 1