FX armor updates?

ThayNerd

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything on this, since its been a while since I have seen that thread floating around here.

Nope. The last I heard he was re-doing the helmet to make it more accurate but that was over a year ago I think. I guess it wasn't as good as the MCRE, and he couldn't match the price, so the project went away.

Ā 

Ward may have better info, but this is the last I heard.

I also heard that changing/upgrading the molds required making new ones from scratch, since the ones they had where metal and difficult to rework. I was just told this after asking about why they didn't redo/fix up the molds to be more accurate, since it's commonly known that most of the parts are "wrong".

Ā 

I'm not sure about the history of the FX, but what I heard is that two guys parted ways and that one is sitting on these metal molds

Yeah I was interested too on this FX reshape. I think I will have faster own reshaped FX armor, than see some progress on FX/GT. When new Movie FX isnĀ“t actualy FX anymore. :)

FX has bad shapes, but if you start reshape it, you need leave some dimensions to easy replace old parts with new one.

Ā 

As I did here:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=4841

:blink: I may be the only one here who think's this but....I kind of like the FX rig. It has lot's of room in the lid to get all the fans/mic/amp stuff we seem to like to try and jam into the bucket, it can be re-sized to fit most people male or female, and well ya can't beat the price. My first FX rig was very smooth and very glossy, and as a short stocky kind of guy I got it to fit rather well. I still use most of it other then replacing the lid with RT and some other minor parts. I plan to replace all of it and have a very "spot-on" A.N.H TK rig and will make this one "dirty". So for the most part I really don't see now why bothering to do any update at all. My .02 cents.

Steve the FX suit is a good starting point and thats where I started. I just was curious if there had been any updates. Maybe Ward can shead some light on the subject.