Tube stripe measurments

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to know if there's any specific measurements for the tube stripes?  Apart from the pencil width spacing from the cheek, I can't find anything else.  Are there any exact measurement details regarding:-

The length and height of the stripes across the cheek

The spacing in-between each stipe

The length and height of each individual stripe

I want to prevent the tube stripes from looking too thick/thin or too close/far apart from each other.  Any info would be great, thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shinyarmour1 said:

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to know if there's any specific measurements for the tube stripes?  Apart from the pencil width spacing from the cheek, I can't find anything else.  Are there any exact measurement details regarding:-

The length and height of the stripes across the cheek

The spacing in-between each stipe

The length and height of each individual stripe

I want to prevent the tube stripes from looking too thick/thin or too close/far apart from each other.  Any info would be great, thanks.

Hi  C, welcome to FISD.  

A-Tube stripes are medium blue, numbering between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards.

B- Ideally, the tube stripes are positioned approximately a pencil width from the side of the cheek

C- They should be roughly 2.5mm to 3mm thick. 9-13 count per cheek

You can apply tube strips decals to the helmet also  (they are acceptable for every level).

Here a couple of reference photos

l5CnA5a.png

Otxf9zr.jpg

xfkhnlm.jpg

mDDsy4w.jpg

Hope this can help.

cheers :salute:

• Like 1

As Mario mentioned, assuming you are doing a Stunt (or Hero) build, you can either use a template or decals.  The decals are easier, but either is acceptable all the way to Centurion level.

Depending on who you got your kit from, one of these type should have been included, but if not, they are available from Trooperbay.

Painting templates-  https://trooperbay.com/trooper-tube-stripe-masking-templates

Decals-  https://trooperbay.com/standard-tube-stripes

Just remember when using the templates that there is a left and a right one.  The tops should lean toward the front:

RMp93gU.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys, this really helped.  My kit is AP stunt and although I was given decals, I'm planning on hand painting the tube stripes.  The stencils I'm using are from PandaTroopers Idealised version, not the screen used version.  I just need to print them out, trim them and paint over the stencils before applying to the face.  This is why I asked about the individual stripe measurements and spacing between them.  His stripes appear to be thinner and more spaced out than the AP decals, will they still be centurion accurate?