Jodhpur Boots

Does anyone recommend a good place to buy Jodhpur boots? I've checked all over online and ebay, and I find a ton of different boots, but I'm not sure which is really correct.

Also, what would be a good price for a pair of Jodhpur boots? I'm trying to go cheaper than CA Boots, I all ready have a pair of those, but I want something far more accurate to go along with the AP suit I'm getting.

Thanks,

Andy

TK-1287

the type of boot u are looking for is the Chelsea Boot.

painting one up is possible, but I been debating doing this versus Caboots. From wot I have been told - painted boots do flake out and require re-painting with vigourous troopin. Cost will eventually come to the same as a Caboot. Not sure US side, but Chelsea Boots can go for as little as GBP20. Look up equestrain sites if u are lookin for Jodphur boots.

Other thing I have investigated is some Goth sites do patent WHITE leather Chelsea Boots - but these tend to be too ornate and poointy toed.

some use the Elvis boot - but opinions vary abt it.

If u do go Caboot in the end - u might want to consider doing it soon-ish. There are rumours of suply problems - some1 correct me if I am wrong pls.

I have an FX kit and CA boots, and they are now hand me downs to my girlfriend so she can troop while I'm Boba, this is because I want better TK items. I almost am ready to order my AP kit, but the boots keep eluding me. I won't be buying CA boots again.

Andy

I've posted this a couple of times so I apologise to folks who've seen it before :)

If you want to go down the screen accurate route then Jodphur / Chelsea boots are the way to go.

The original used in the films were black,painted white , make unknown.(although someone, who

will remain nameless, [no not me :( ], as managed to track down a pair made by the same

manufacturer after years of meticulous investigation)

Here's a picture of a pair of original screen used ones

-----

The closest thing available to the original syle are Loake's 290-B's

-------

A good budget alternative to Loake's are these

------

If you just want the 'look' then there are plenty of others out there, just do a search on

'Jodphurs / Chelsea boots' and you'll find loads ranging from $20 up to $300-$400

One thing to bare in mind is the height around the ankle.The lower they are the more chance

of them popping out of your armour when you move :angry:

As for dyeing them, if you take your time they can turn out great.

You can never completely change the colour from black leather to white. I've spoken to a few

upholsterers who restore top end cars like Rolls Royce's and they said its impossible because

the colour will eventually bleed through, BUT!, you can keep it looking white with a little maintenance

every now and then :)

And anyway, take a look at the originals and see how many scuff marks you can see :D

------

Hope this helps mate :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

ooh? were there problems with Caboots?

in terms of accuracy - think they were indeed black chelsea boots painted white from the movies IIRC.

Have fun with the AP build!

Nate

They just crack, are wrinkly, thin, and the soles are glued on pretty weak. Here in Nevada, if it's a hot day, which every day is, the CAboots sole glue gives and you lose the back heel.

Billhag said:
Andy

A good budget alternative to Loake's are these

-------

Hope this helps mate :)

I have a pair of these budget boots from ebay for $29.99UK . Shipping was almost as much as the boots, but they are nice. They are Shires brand woodstock jodhpur boots.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed