My AUTHENTIC PROPS ARMOR BUILD:[*AP]

• 2 weeks later...
Question, do the ABS strips come with the AP suit? Or did you have to get them elsewhere?

Hi,

The strips kind of come with the kit - you get two large-ish pieces of flat ABS plastic which you have to mark out and cut. But its not too tricky, and theres plenty left over for snap tabs etc.

Hi,

The strips kind of come with the kit - you get two large-ish pieces of flat ABS plastic which you have to mark out and cut. But its not too tricky, and theres plenty left over for snap tabs etc.

Well with my AP kit I only got a small piece, and I was told it was suppose to be rather big :(.

I got enought to cut out strips but to make my own Diamond knee....nope.

• 2 months later...

Hi, :)

Ok this week I´ve nearly finished my suit. I just need some boots and a neckseal to make it complete.

I put it on a female mannequin to display it-It looks much better than on my old male mannequin. The old one was to big and it didn´t look right.

Here are some pics:

Please let me know what do you think.

Happy 2009!

img4757mh9.th.jpg

img4758te0.th.jpg

img4763if0.th.jpg

img4769ex0.th.jpg

img4772ul3.th.jpg

Looking good trooper.

A small think I would suggest is to trim the strips so they do not go over the armour pieces.

For example on the thighs, they go over the top of the thigh.

Good job so far. :D

Hi, :)

thanks for the input! I´ve had some major problems with the glue I used for the assembly of my suit. It was too aggresive and destroyed some of the areas on the suit. I´ve got some spare parts, but tried to save the upper legs, but it doesn´t look good.

For this reason I had to cut off the damaged sides of each upper leg; now I´ve glued them together again but I´m now in conflict with myself if it´s any good.

What do you think?

img4776gz3.th.jpg

img4780ox9.th.jpg

img4790ar9.th.jpg

img4792lw2.th.jpg

img4799hq0.th.jpg

thanks!