Hi new to the fotk

Crimson_dante

Hi all 

I have been a soft armour guy and never had a tk thought I would venture into the fotk

i had a jim tripton v1, it was so warped pitted and terrible that I sold it at lost because of the work that needed to go into it.

my inferno is Jim tripton so I know what it takes to finish his kit stunning but too much work. 

What is the order of best fotk kits ? I was looking at 850 armour works ? 

Hey Zak welcome. I would imagine everyone that responds to your question will have a different opinion. Some like ABS, others fiberglass, and others 3D print. All have their pros and cons. As with everything else check out all the suppliers, talk to current and past owners, join a couple FISD and social media groups that discuss these things.

That said I personally prefer ABS. I've built ABS, fiberglass and 3D print.

Edited by ukswrath

34 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Zak welcome. I would imagine everyone that responds to your question will have a different opinion. Some like ABS, others fiberglass, and others 3D print. All have their pros and cons. As with everything else check out all the suppliers, talk to current and past owners, join a couple FISD and social media groups that discuss these things.

That said I personally prefer ABS. I've built ABS, fiberglass and 3D print.

Thanks yeah I had enough of fiberglass I don’t want to do that level of effort again 

what do you think of the 850 armour ? 

Hello and welcome I've not heard a good comments about 850 armor, only a few not so nice stories. KB does a plastic kit, also Anovos have just started shipping there pre orders kits, who knows how much longer they will be to fulfil.

You are better staying with known sellers or it's buyers beware. Have a look through the build sections and I'm sure you'll get a lot of info there, good luck. 

• Like 1

As Glen mentioned like Anovos 850 has also had their issues, though 850 is improving and as you might have heard Anovos is now shipping orders from 3 years ago. Since you're not a fan of fiberglass that leaves you with KB and Diversity props. Both are pretty decent armor from what I've seen.   

Sadly it’s still pretty slim pickings for FOTK kit vendors.

I’ve only seen one 850 kit completed. It looked ok. They’re really trying to get it right.

KB Props seem to be back on track and able to deliver within a few weeks.

Carlos Estrella produces kits out of Mexico but the provenance is unknown.

FN Armour are still selling kits but stay well away as they are a known recast of the KB kit.

Diversity Props are yet to pull and assemble a full kit. Hope is one will be revealed in the next week or so.

BSP are still machining their moulds and are a year behind where they hoped to be.

There’s a chance you’ll find a few Anovos kits up for sale once they arrive. Some have already indicated they will sell as a result of the ‘no paint required’ deception. Keep your eyes peeled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d just recommend caution with 850. Someone in my garrison purchased a kit from them and it’s very thin and feels kind of flimsy, they also did not provide all the parts and haven’t seemed to be working with the purchaser to get those so we are working to improvise filling those missing parts.

Hopefully this isn’t a common thing I’ve heard some say really good things about them too. My kit is a Jim kit and I’ve loved it overall.

But yeah I’d highly recommend vetted and approved vendors before others at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I was in touch with Carlos Estrella and he sent me a ton of photo's of his kit and a few molds.  After discussing with many of our esteemed FISD veterans it was pretty much unanimous that these molds were recasted from the original KW anovos parts.  I've still got that conversation history and photo's should anyone want more details.