9135 gets an Upgrade! My TE2 build thread![*TE]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am purty happy with it now. Ill show some pics... I went for an "organic" feel... In otherwords, controled sloppyness. :)

Ā 

Painted on the black first then the grey. Great Tip i picked up from 4510's builds... Man you rock.

Ā 

As soon as I can procure some decals though, Ill change over.

Ā 

I need to pad and add lenses. Still finding time to do anything any more is hard... I am kinda busy at school and having kids is a full time job. I could spare about 30 min to paint this back up last night though.

Ā 

I need to get out to my shop and engrave, make tab snaps and start on the build of the armor. SHeesh.

Ā 

Then to Tokyo again... I aint complaining though... Life is great!

Ā 

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

Ā 

Oh yea... Sex bolts are great. 2 make installing the Knee plate a breeze! I might mod my lid for these to hold lenses...

Ā 

IMG_3659.jpg

• 1 month later...

All parts are glued... Test fit and well...

Ā 

Hit a wall. I just dont like the feel wearing it. So, In route to a new home, and I will be getting an FX to replace it.

Ā 

I just cant get past the forearms, shins and biceps. The bells ride on me a little too. I could tweek it, make it fit, but that would ruin the armor as it should be. I am just not cut out for TE2 armor.

I'm scared about that as well. When I get a screen accurate suit I hope I don't have this problem. Good luck with your sale Nathan.

I'm scared about that as well. When I get a screen accurate suit I hope I don't have this problem. Good luck with your sale Nathan.

Ā 

I don't think you will. It's just a matter of preference. CMANavy is bigger than either of you and got a TE suit to look good on him.

Ā 

I'm sorry to hear you're going back to FX - I'd have thought RT for sure if you wanted ABS.

Ā 

But if you want easy, that's FX in a box.

pending sales details - I should be coming to a deal with Nathan.

Ā 

dont worry guys - I will give this suit a home it deserves :D

Ā 

Like to see a man with strong opinions Nathan (I noticed ur views re: SC vs MC on TBs too)

Ā 

only thing to say guys - is I want to gotighty whitey TK with the suit - hope every1 isnt to dissapointed

Ā 

Nate

I don't think you will. It's just a matter of preference. CMANavy is bigger than either of you and got a TE suit to look good on him.

Ā 

I'm sorry to hear you're going back to FX - I'd have thought RT for sure if you wanted ABS.

Ā 

But if you want easy, that's FX in a box.

Ā 

Quoted for truth. Spot on Daetrin. TE2 is great armor.. This is MY feel. I am sure you will be blown away at the armor.