Minor consistency issue with ANH

rdhawk

Sorry if I'm bringing up something that's been brought up before, but I direct your attention to this screenshot:

post-2114-1221155657_thumb.jpg

First, doesn't Luke look a little Dirty Harry in this?

Second, look at the side of the gun. See where the counter, the mounting bar for the counter, and the other round things would be? Notice how it's devoid? Could an E-11 made, based off this image, be allowed for Elite status? Just trying to do some homework before I start getting into anything.

Again, sorry if this had been brought up before, don't hurt me!

It's been brought up before, but it's been a while. During filming many of the counters fell off and possible that some did not have counters. In the swing scene I believe you can see where it was glued on.

The elite program is not to capture what was exactly seen on screen, but to capture the essence of the costume. So you can't have an elite ANH blaster without a counter.

• 2 weeks later...

And I have to say what makes that requirement tough is that ESB is pretty much the same blaster but sans counter, so it's not really feasible to have the same blaster to double duty. Ah well, guess it's time for me to get a new blaster :D