TK forearm cuts

Hey guys!

I finally attended my first armor party after receiving my armor, and started trimming and cutting (to my size) my right forearm. It's the one that I have blue tape on.

Today I started just trimming down my left pieces and while they're not trimmed or sanded, the cuts do sit nicely in the center. Should I be worried that my under piece on my right arm is a bit bigger than my top forearm piece? Though it's a good fit, I feel I may have cut too much from the top and not enough from the bottom. Any help would be appreciated!

Photo1.png

Hey Sergio

Idealy the halves are equal, goes for all the limbs, as the coverstrip should be in the center. However it´s all about the look so you might be fine, hard to say for certain based on this one pic but ultimately it´s up to your GML. I would recommend that you trim of all the return edges on the wrist end, not only will it be more comfortable sliding your hand through but it will make the forearms less bulky, no one want Pop Eye forearms:smiley-sw013: and as a bonus it´s Centurion ready:duim:

One more suggestion would be to start your on build thread here that way you can keep it all in one place and it´s helps others help you:salute:

Screen used for reference

2a1Im3q.jpg

GJ8nGHY.jpg

Daniel is absolutely right, Sergio.  You should cut all the return edges off of the wrist end as shown on the second photo, and note in the photo below that the return edges have also been mostly removed from the top part as well.  Doing this will give them more flexibility, allow for a better curvature which will help take any stress off the seam.

If you have any spare scraps from your build, KEEP THEM.  You can use them as interior cover strips to reinforce the joins.  Doing this on the forearms is not so important as doing it on the calves, which get a workout from being open and closed all the time while suiting up.  Interior cover strips don't have to look good.  They are not seen and will not affect approval at any level.

As Daniel also suggested, starting a build thread is an EXCELLENT idea.  We can help answer you questions all in one place, and you can post up photos of any areas you need assistance with.  If you do get stuck, always post up a photo before cutting or gluing like you did above.  We are here to help! 

ubHIHMY.jpg?1

• Like 1

It looks like you have over trimmed the top half of your right forearm. The flat joining edge on the top looks to have gone completely, so there is nowhere to get a good fix for your joining strips now. It looks like you have trimmed to the red line in this photo instead of the blue line. Am I right?

C7gL9TT.jpg

I really appreciate all this advice, and I will be posting to those forums as suggested. I'll go ahead and take down the return edges and for now keep on trimming (super carefully) my other pieces before I start custom sizing to avoid trimming anything else too much.

@troopermaster indeed I trimmed to the red line instead of the blue. At some point I should have stopped trimming from both sides equally, and started taking from the bottom more.

My kit is an Anovos, and I've checked the website and they do have spare parts for sale thankfully. I just wish I didn't have to purchase the entire right arm. At least I learned from this mistake early!