These helmets

Is the first one AP and the second TE2?

Also, for the first one, how hard would it be to remove whatever glue they have in there to replace the lenses? For some reason it looks REALLY happy to me, and I'm looking for something meaner, like the second link, I think its the lenses.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Neither of them are TE2's The second one might be a TE. The first one looks really thin. The second one looks like the plastic might be split under the left side of the chin as you would be wearing it. I dunno. Neither auction gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Why not just buy directly from AP and get one of his flawed kits. You can't even tell there is any flaws in it. AP has high quality control. I think you would be much happier going that route in the long run.

I don't really have very much money left over after buying my armor kit, so I'm on a tight budget. If certain things go through and I get some more money I'd buy directly from TE2.

I was just under the impression that the second helmet, at least, was a quality one.

Oh how newby I am.

The seller in the second link has 96% positive feedback. I would be careful if you are going to deal with that seller. Its hard to tell from the pics since they are so small. If you go TE2 later you will be extremely pleased. I understand about being on a budget, but if you can hold out a little longer while why not go with the actual makers of the helmets. Most helmets on ebay are recasts. Just food for thought.

The first link is to a guy who as making resin TE recast helmets. From what I know of them they were total junk, but this is the first I've seen of him making plastic helmets.

The second one I'm not sure about. He's obviously not a helmet maker looking at his other auctions, history, and feedback. He's probably just selling a helmet he picked up along the way. Although if it was from a reputable source it would be listed to get more interest.