Shoes alternative

emtramone

Depending on your GML they might pass for basic approval, but I would suggest looking elsewhere. It would be the seams that would would keep you from being approved.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

As Rat suggested check with your GML first.

Personally I wouldn't approve them because of the ridges on the soles. From the CRL:

Boots

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • Small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle.
  • Flat sole with a short heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • Jodhpur/ Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
    • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

I doubt these would pass, Chris, and finding a set of acceptable TK boots can certainly be a challenge to say the least.  There are only 2 companies I am aware of that make a set of boots that are 100% acceptable right out of the box.  One is TKboots... they make an AWESOME product but are in the process of going out of business, sad to say.  (They still provide excellent customer service, though).  They do have some odd sizes left, but you would have to get in touch with them and ask.  http://tkboots.com/index.htm

The other is Imperial Boots.  https://www.imperialboots.com/#  They also make a great product, but they manufacture them in "waves", meaning they take orders and then make them in intervals.  I own 2 sets and they have held up fantastic.  Shipping is pretty fast (even though it's from China), but if you order from them be sure to add a size to what you normally wear, as they run a bit small.

Note:  I noticed that they are starting production of the next wave soon..

The other option is to find an acceptable Chelsea boot and paint them, which as Joseph is so fond of saying, is completely screen accurate as that is how they were done.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It's not that easy finding Chelsea boots that will pass because of various reasons, (wrong stitching, elastic, sole type/color, etc.) but if you find a decent set that will pass I always suggest grabbing them and using leather dye/paint to make them white.  I checked a while back and found as set of brown ones, but they wanted $120.00 plus shipping.  Ad the cost of the leather dye and time to do it and it was cheaper to get "regular" TK boots, lol.  If anyone finds a decent ongoing supplier of quality ones I would like to add it to my reference book for the future.

• Like 1