Caboots - The Stink!

Is there a way to get rid of it, or just airing them out for 6 months to a year will do? I was thinking getting a bottle of Febreze and pouring one in each! Man they stink!

So the question is...how can I eliminate the stench? Tricks anyone!

Yeah, had the same problem, still do sort of.... but when not wearing the armor, I have the boots in a closed plastic bag... they smell nada then.

Kinda like the Steinfeld episode with BO. :lol:

I had this odour eliminator product a while back (when matches just don't cut it). I'm going to try and find that and see if it works. What is actually causing it? The plastic/vinyl they used?

I wonder if I wash them, inside and out?

Well, keep them coming...something must work!

DD.

My CAboots smelled so bad, I left them outside. For three months. Everyday. They still stank. I sold them and got a set of the Darkside trooper boots.

Much better. I could not get rid of the smell. I used fabreese, lysol, shoe stuff, still nothing. I gave up.

It would smell up my armor as well if left in the tote. Some are worse than others, so I hope yours dissipates.

I wore my CAboots once. Horrid smell.

Ive had mine forever and they still have the smell. I even keep car air-fresheners thrown in there while not trooping. Recommendation: get used to it (unfortunately!)

I don't know if it's random or what. Mine smell, but not that bad. They've got "the" CAboots-smell, but it's not that powerful, thank god. :-P

But I guess shoe smell changes over time to something bad anyway... either you have the CAboot-smell or you have sour feet smell. I'm not sure which is better...

Mine is brand new, only worn for 5 mins and they smell alot. The smell isn't very unpleasant, but it's strong somehow and I don't like that :). But like I said, they are kept in a plastic bag and smell 0% until they are taken out. I think it's the black rubber that smells.... smells a bit like new car and oil.

Its the fish glue they use thats the cause of the smell.

Fish glue? :lol: . Never heard of such a glue name before, unless you are joking :). Doesn't smell anything like fish anyway though, so why call it "fish" glue?... hmm. maybe because it could be made from stuff in a fish, like I've heard glue is made from horses hooves... but that glue isn't called horse glue, is it?...

Sorry for rambling away.... :P

Fish glue? :lol: . Never heard of such a glue name before, unless you are joking :). Doesn't smell anything like fish anyway though, so why call it "fish" glue?... hmm. maybe because it could be made from stuff in a fish, like I've heard glue is made from horses hooves... but that glue isn't called horse glue, is it?...

Sorry for rambling away.... :P

I've just seen this discussion on forum after forum after forum and at some point the same answer is always given: Fish glue. :lol:

http://www.columbiaorgan.com/col/glues.htm