XWingAce77 TK ANH stunt build

XWingAce77

6MsGHM9.jpg kwmc1AV.jpg 

around the back plate and other armor parts there is about 7mm of material left, i trimmed the cut lines down a lot, i was nervous to remove anymore material than what i have already done haha

Edited by XWingAce77

21 minutes ago, Rat said:

That back piece was just a pain, I finally trimmed it up a bit and then reshaped it.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

how many mm was yours after you trimmed it? and if reshaping it is the way to go what is the best way to do it?

I don't recall off the top of my head but it was around the 5mm mark but this is what I did as it was suggested to me to do it, I don't recall who though. I used a heat gun but you can also do the boil method. I used a dremel for it and I believe I trimmed it back a little more than what is shown here.b793177740dfe3d1f5ecd558602b4c96.jpg5c87a2b845751b6d21e7231c13920756.jpg

• Like 1

So as it was explained to me you want some taper so you don't get any tearing when you heat and re-shape it. I could be wrong though.

14 minutes ago, Rat said:

So as it was explained to me you want some taper so you don't get any tearing when you heat and re-shape it. I could be wrong though.

did i trim too much then? and how should i fix it if i did?

Hopefully this works, but what you want to is taper the circled area down from the curve to the tip like in the photo.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b9362398aa5c/QuickMemo%2B_180907_224521.pdf38bfff658b5f83f202daf897ac23a910.jpg

9 hours ago, Rat said:

Hopefully this works, but what you want to is taper the circled area down from the curve to the tip like in the photo.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b9362398aa5c/QuickMemo%2B_180907_224521.pdf

If you're going to reshape the area, as Rat mentioned to avoid splitting or weakening the armor at the curve reshape this area. 

215402567_imageproxyedit.jpg.3d4040720965ffdafcaa0ece3e34e4b5.jpg

• Like 1

If you're going to reshape the area, as Rat mentioned to avoid splitting or weakening the armor at the curve reshape this area. 

215402567_imageproxyedit.jpg.3d4040720965ffdafcaa0ece3e34e4b5.jpg
Yeah I had trimmed more from where this is as I re-shape. That was just my base line.

iZ9VyK4.jpg?1 bLczUaW.jpg?1 ufDK0UP.jpg?1 MXykq1a.jpg?1 kkcNRQg.jpg 

picture spam, showing off the gap and what it looks like without the gap, with what i trimmed it definitely cuts down on the armor bite, but will definately have to reshape it. the ab plate is as high as it goes without it hitting the groin area to be uncomfortable. 

Edited by XWingAce77

tFURV69.jpg jlF8ciF.jpg

so finally got a chance to trim them down, they are at a nice taper, might be hard to see, did the best i could now i believe it is time to reshape, if there are any other comments id love to hear them before i commit to reshaping haha. 

• Like 1

so i tried the boil method (couldn't find the heat gun for the life of me) and i notice only a slight difference to the shape, no problems other than that, and i dont feel it digging into my back as much, only problem is i still have a 2in gap between plates (must have a long torso i guess) what should my next move be? 1UEoDMa.jpg 5srGMsu.jpg

Edited by XWingAce77

Please avoid the heat gun. 

Hold them in boiling water a bit longer if 30 seconds doesn't soften them up. Pull it out of the water and place on a counter top forcing the edge flat with the palm of your hand like so.

IMG_6945.jpg

Before in the background, after in the foreground.

IMG_6942.jpg

• Like 2