In-depth Comparison?

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking for years around the internets, learning all I can about this armour. Unfortunately due to the image hosting site being morons, I can't see much of the images on this (or other forums). 

I have read many of the threads on this forum, but I haven't come across a thread that takes the most popular armour and step-by-step points out what is, and isn't accurate. I have been working on an accurate Han Solo pattern for the holster, and it was really helpful for myself and my followers to see all the holsters out there, and do a super detailed breakdown of what is and isn't accurate compared to the originals. 

It would be great to see that for armour. Any ideas if I could find that? 

Thanks!

JWalker

Ukswrath has a great build for his anovos TK.  I've used that as a great reference while I'm building my WTF TK.

Generally speaking all builds no matter the maker will be similar, but it also depends on how it fits on each person's body (we are not all clones ;))

Edited by StrmTRPR85
Typing on phone

48 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Ukswrath has a great build for his anovos TK.  I've used that as a great reference while I'm building my WTF TK.

Generally speaking all builds no matter the maker will be similar, but it also depends on how it fits on each person's body (we are not all clones ;))

Thanks, I'll check out that thread. 

I was more referring to the accuracy before the build.

For example, in the world of Solo holsters, you can see that one of the companies that offers a popular version has missed the mark when it comes to the stitching (they put stitching on the Episode 4 version where there is none). 

I've read everything I could find about how the originals looked, and I know the 501st has some pretty amazing standards. I was just wondering if anyone has taken the most popular kits and said, "This is not accurate, nor is this, nor is this." 

The idea is to see them all side by side with a control (the original trooper) and in great detail point out the differences. 

Hi Jeff, I think your referring to what armor is closest to screen accurate? If thats the case then start with this page here and after that I would direct my attention to this page  that explains about taking any armor to that next level with EIB or our highest level Centurion.

33 minutes ago, JWalker said:

I was just wondering if anyone has taken the most popular kits and said, "This is not accurate, nor is this, nor is this." 

Any kit thats discussed on out getting started  page that I linked above with proper fit & built to Centurion standard will get you as close to screen accurate as possible. 

As far as what armor to avoid, well we cover that pretty good as well on this page also. 

Hope that helps, any other questions feel free to ask.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWalker said:

I was more referring to the accuracy before the build

Sorry my misunderstanding.

Do check out what msouza posted. Lots of great content for what your looking for are in there.