In this tutorial I'll be building the ANOVOS TK armor as ANH Stunt.
Though the kit appears to have all the necessary components for 501st basic approval I'll be changing a few things in hopes of making it Centurion (L3) level acceptable.
Materials, Strapping & Other used in this build will be highlighted in BLUE
Areas that will be changed: NOTE: These changes are NOT required for 501st basic approval
A. The kit includes velcro and snaps for the internal strapping which I'll be switching out for brackets and straps provided by Mr. No Stripes. My choice to use brackets is just a matter of preference.
Note: The included velcro and snaps appear to be Centurion acceptable except for the chest to back connections which are required to be white.
B. The kit includes black elastic for the chest to back connection which I'll be switching out for white, a Centurion requirement.
C. The kit includes velcro to connect the shoulder bell strap to the chest to back strap. I'll be using a Dritz #10 sew in snap. Accuracy update but NOT a Centurion requirement
D. The kit includes philips head screws for the TD brackets which I'll be replacing with slotted pan head screws, Accuracy update but NOT a Centurion requirement but recommended
E. The kit includes velcro for the rear calf connection which I'll be replacing with the elastic and bra hooks set up, Accuracy update but NOT a Centurion requirement
F. The kit includes ABS hand guards which will be switched out for Latex style, a Centurion requirement
G. Waist belt accuracy modifications - Remove upper holster mounting screws, Repair holes to fabric, Replace line 24 snaps with "Popper" snaps, Correct elastic to drop box connection, Glue drop box elastic to belt.
I'm sure this list will build, stay tuned
Exacto knives, large & small
Steel straight ruler (metric)
Dremel with sanding wheel or sand paper. Small carbide bit for helmet teeth or small file.
3M scotch brite pad (any color, gradient)
5/32" & 1/8" drill bits
Spring clamps (set or 12 or more in various sizes)
Earth magnets 1/2" x 1/8" (12.7mm x 3.1mm), 20 to 40 magnets
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment): I can't stress enough how important it is to wear PPE, especially when working with some of the tools listed above. Wear it!
Safety glasses - Hardware store
Cut resistant gloves - Hardware store
1/2 Respirator. Sanding releases small carcinogens into the air. Protect your lungs. - Hardware store or http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o05_s00
E6000 - two to three+ 2oz tubes, or two+ 3oz tubes
Zap-A-Gap & Zip Kicker
Elastic (Chest to Back plate) - White 2" x 2' in length recommended)
Elastic (Drop Boxes) - White 3/4" x 20"
Elastic (Bells to Shoulder Strapping) - Black 1" x 12", ANOVOS supplied
Elastic (Bicep to Bicep around arm) - Black 1" x 20"
Elastic (Bicep to Forearm) - Black, 2" x 6", ANOVOS supplied
Elastic (Thigh to waist belt) - Black, 3" x 24"
Elastic (Kidney to Ab right side) - Black, 1" x 8"
Elastic (Posterior to Cod) - Black, 1" x 12"
Nylon Webbing (Kidney to Ab, left side 6 rivets) - 1" x 6", ANOVOS supplied
Single cap rivets (Waist belt drop boxes and thigh ammo belt) 7.4mm or 5/16"
Gloss White: Testers
Gloss black: Humbrol #21 Testors # 1747
Gray (Ab plate), Humbrol #5 Testors # 1138 -http://www.humbrol.com/us-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints/5-dark-admiralty-grey-gloss-14ml-enamel-paint.html
French Blue (Ab plate & Tube stripes), Humbrol #14 Testors # 2715 - http://www.humbrol.com/us-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints/14-french-blue-gloss-14ml-enamel-paint.html
Gunship Grey (TD tube), Testor #1923 (spray paint) NOTE: Painting the TD tube is NOT required for any level of approval
A. ANOVOS supplied
B. Internal Strapping Brackets - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20859-accurate-anh-stormtrooper-strapping-brackets-v-20-now-available/. Alternative lock nuts to replace the nuts that come with the bracket kit - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NBKLOQ
1) Ab - "S" snaps "poppers" (Used on the following locations: Ab to belt, Ab to Kidney right side, Cod to Posterior, Shoulder to Back plate strapping right/front) 15mm, (bag of 15 is the smallest)- http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
2) Ab - "S" Snap die punch and set tool 15-17mm, (1x) - http://www.ebay.com/...=item5413a405e2
NOTE: For the "S" snaps and set tool kit you may need to contact the seller who is in the UK and have him set up a auction with US shipping. The original sales did not have a ship to US option at the time I purchased the items.
3) Thigh Ammo Belt - Single Cap Rivets - 7.4mm or 5/16", Ebay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-brass-nickel-plated-single-cap-rapid-rivets-7-mm-cap-100-pair/222251554883?hash=item33bf399843:g:zTsAAOSwLnBX2zzO:sc:USPSPriorityFlatRateEnvelope!94513!US!-1
4) Thigh Ammo Belt - Double Cap rivet tool (1x) - http://www.ebay.com/...=item463922315d, or Hobby/Craft store
5) Ab/Kidney - Split rivets (bag) - ANOVOS supplied
7) Inner strapping - Line 24 snaps, nickle, 100ct (recommended), Tandy - https://www.tandylea...ts/1263-12.aspx. Fasnap - http://fasteners.fas...nap-fasteners?
7a) Inner strapping (canon brackets) Not illustrated in this build. For informational purposes only - http://www.whitearmo...-now-available/
8) Shoulder to Bicep - Dritz Sew in Snaps, Nickle, Size #10 -http://www.amazon.co...YH1DNAAPPP1R3H1
9) COD split rivet - ANOVOS supplied
D. Calf closure
1) Elastic - http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-9506W-Non-Roll-Elastic-4-Inch/dp/B004ALO9CK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454439839&sr=8-2&keywords=3%2F4%22+white+elastic
2) Bra hooks - http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Hooks-Eyes-Nickel-Size/dp/B005S7FA28/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1454440102&sr=8-10&keywords=dritz+bra+hooks
3) Velcro - ANOVOS supplied
Thigh Garter belt - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29991-thigh-garter-system/
Gloves (ANOVOS supplied) or - https://trooperbay.com/flexible-hand-guards-in-white-black-or-plain.html
Rubber hand guards (Joseph) - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35702-latex-hand-guards-for-centurion-level-anh/
Boots - Totally killer Boots - http://www.tkboots.com/, Imperial Boots - http://www.imperialboots.com/
Undersuit (ANOVOS supplied) or - Shirt, Pant
Waist Belt - ANOVOS modified
Waist Belt other - Kittle's belts) - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/
ANOVOS assembly instructions (if anyone wants them) - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/files/SWTROOPER001-KIT_V1.pdf?18334450603693831912
UKS Assembly instructions - PDF - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-d8yBFyd0CgWGtmSWx6ZHRjbFE/view
Sections, Navigation & Check List:
1a. Forearm trimming
1b. Forearms Pre- assembly
1c. Assembly (front)
1d. Assembly cont (rear)
2a. Bicep trimming right
2b. Bicep trimming left
2c. Bicep Pre-assembly
3. Calves/Shins (lower leg):
3a. Shins trimming left & right
3b. Shin Sniper Knee trimming
3c. Shin Pre-assembly
3d. Assembly (front)
3e. Sniper knee Pre-assembly
3f. Rear Closure (Straps and Bra hooks)
3g. Sniper knee, rear cover strip and calf closure elastic system installation
4a Ab trimming
4b. Ab Button Panel trimming
4c. Ab Button Pre-assembly
4d. Ab & Kidney Split Rivet Pre-assembly
4e. Ab Waist Belt Mount assembly
4f. Ab Right side rivet assembly
4g. Ab Cod Rivet Pre-assembly
4h. Ab Button plates - Painting and Installation
5a. Posterior trimming
5b. Posterior rivet assembly
5b. Posterior to Cod connecting strap assembly - Under "Strapping" section
5c. Assembly - Under "Strapping" section
6a. Bracket System Pre-assembly
6b. Bicep to Forearm strapping
6c. Chest to Back strapping assembly
6d. Ab to Kidney left side strapping
6e. Ab to kidney Right side strapping
6f. Posterior to Cod
6g. Bracket System final assembly
6h. Bracket system support pads
7g. Thigh Support System (part 1)
7h. Thigh Support System (part 2)
7a. Thighs trimming left & right
7b. Thigh Ammo Pack trimming
7c. Thigh Pre-assembly
7d. Assembly (front)
7e. Assembly (rear)
7f. Thigh Ammo Pack installation
7g. Thigh Support System (part 1)
7h. Thigh Support System (part 2)
8. Chest and Shoulders:
8a. Chest trimming
8b. Chest Shoulder Covers trimming
8c. Chest strap to Shoulder Bell connection (Shoulder side)
8d. (6c) Chest to Back strapping assembly
8e. Shoulder Cover assembly
8f. Shoulder Cover Retaining Strap
9. Shoulder Bells:
9a. Shoulder Bell trimming
9b. Chest strap to Shoulder Bell connection (Bell side).
9c. Shoulder Bell strap installation cont.
10. Thermal Detonator:
10b. Paint (not required)
10c. Assembly Final
11. Waist Belt: 3/3/16 NOTE: New information regarding the Anovos waist belt, PLEASE READ. The official word is the waist belt is accepted at the EIB (L2) with the previously mention belt modifications however, it is NOT acceptable at Centurion (L3) regardless of the modifications. The cloth portion of the belt assembly will need to be replaced for Centurion approval. You can either skip the following belt modification tutorial and replace the cloth portion of the belt all together, or continue on if EIB is as far as you plan on going. A tutorial on how to change out the cloth portion of the belt is in the works.
11a. Waist belt EIB (ONLY) Accuracy update
11b. Waist belt Centurion Update
12. Back Plate:
12a. Back plate trimming
12b. Assembly - Refer to "Bracket system final assembly"
12c. Upper connection point modification
13a. Kidney trimming
13b. Kidney to Ab right side connecting strap - Refer to "Strapping" "Ab to kidney strapping right side"
13c. Kidney to Ab left side connection strapping - Refer to "Strapping" Ab to kidney strapping left side"
13d. Assembly - Refer to Bracket System Final Assembly"
14. Hand Guards:
14a Hand Guard trimming
14b. Hand Guard, Centurion Update
15. Helmet Accuracy modifications:
15a. Helmet Modifications for Centurion and accuracy (Part 1)
15b. Helmet Modifications for Centurion and Accuracy (part 2)
15c. Hovi Tip Mod
16. Fitment Alterations (if any): N/A
17. Final Pictures:
17a. 501st Submission and completed armor pictures
18. Additional information:
18a. Making and install support pads for Mr. NoStripes bracket system (Not a requirement)
19. Helmet Electronics:
19a. Installation of Ukswrath's Hovi Audio system, SHA (hearing assist) and Cooling system
Out of the Box