Painting black ABS kit white

I'm considering buying a very cheap Black Stormtrooper kit rather than trying to find an expensive white one and was thinking about just repainting it white?

Is this possible? Or would it chip away?

If it is possible, what paint would I need? (color, type, brand etc)

I might be wrong, but the cheap stealthtroopers usually are black FX-armor. They come in white too, at the same price.

Other than that, painting a black one white...rustoleum primer, white gloss enamel I guess. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

The only reason to ever buy FX is price. And even then then the price delta's are not as large as they used to be. Unless you're on an extremely tight budget, why get it anymore?

I had a quote for FX armour that was unbelievebly cheap..it made me wonder if the FX kit is worth getting or if it's worth spending a bit more and gettting an AP set.

If you can afford an AP or TE2 go with that.

I'd be surprised if you could'nt find an FX for the same as the black. Unless you already bought a black kit and wanted to convert it, I'd just look around for a white kit for the same price. Why not just do a shadow stormtrooper?

The only kits or assembled armors that I can find relatively cheaply are the black stormtroopers. I really would like to be an original white TK.

That and I'm unsure if that guy that's selling the FX lites will come through with all of the kits he needs. I'm just looking for a fairly sure fire way to get a kit. Cheaply as well.