Small detail questions - Chest and Belt

WodiQuix

Hey all! I have officially taken my first steps into a larger world and purchased an RS Props unassembled kit from a fellow Garrison member. Woohoo! I can't wait to pick it up next Saturday and start my build (should get more supplies, though!). I have a few questions on small details of the armor. I couldn't find any topics related to what I wanted to ask, so if there are, sorry in advance. Anyways, onto my questions!  

The first one I have is about the bottom "rim" of the chest piece. In this picture, courtesy of TK300.com, you can see four small silver rivets at the bottom of the chest; two closer to the middle, and one on each edge. Are those pre-installed, or do I have to make them myself (a part of the strapping system)? If so, how would I go about doing that? 

chest1.jpg

The second question I have is about the belt. In this picture, the belt rivets are covered up by three white plastic squares. I'm not sure if these come with the kit, or if I have to make them.

Belt+and+Belt+Accessories+6.JPG

Sorry if these are weird questions, but I am a noob here! I am hoping to build my suit to at least qualify for EIB. Thanks for reading! 

Edit: I now know that the chest details are called "pop rivets." I didn't really know what those were. Does it matter if they are painted white, or should they stay silver?

Hi Ian and welcome. 

To answer your questions - for the chest piece, I think you are looking at the screws used for the "bracket" strapping system.  This is the screen accurate method of strapping. 

For the belt - those plastic covers are usually included with the kit (I don't have a RS props kit, but I think that is pretty standard).

• Like 1

The rivers appear to possible be part of the strapping system. I’m personally not sure if they need to be painted but I’d assume so. As for the belt my kit (different then yours) came with the squares. I think most do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you are seeing at the bottom (return edge) are screws used in the "classic" strapping system.  Although screen accurate, this method not a requirement.  Most folks use the nylon/elastic strapping system (example pic below).  If you want to use the bracket system, (which RS uses on commission armor) the only place right off hand I know to get one is Mr. No Stripes (Darren).  Here is a link to his sales thread:   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20859-accurate-anh-stormtrooper-strapping-brackets-v-20-now-available/

RS is arguably the most accurate armor out there, so anything that is included with the kit will be 100% 501st (including EI and Centurion) acceptable if built correctly.

R63O0di.jpg