My TX Build[*FX]

Alright!!!! I got my 19 lb box of fun today! I had been getting small parts that I needed to build when it was delivered. Much to my delight, the guy who sold it to me, put a holster and a pauldrun in for free, along with the inner guts of a construction helmet, and some other stuff. I really am very happy with the guy I purchased it from.

hokey-doke.

Pictures!

The box...yes....

P8132697.JPG

Taping the forearms.

P8132700.JPG

One forearm almost done, need to put the last strip of velcro on. Not sure if I like the Welder (cement) it seems to take longer to dry than the box says. Gonna let it sit overnight, and check in the morning; before I Weld more pieces together.

P8132703.JPG

More updates tomorrow night!!! Man this stuff is hard to photograph ... muhahaha- I like that! More stealth!

Quick question.

The mic tips/aerators - the decal for them sucks. Really really really bad. What color black should be used for painting them..? They are aluminum / silver by the appearance.

Satin black, I guess.

Or just buy a set of accurate hovi tips from Stomper. They're a nice upgrade to the crappy hose parts you get with the FX.

sweet build man, here's a mod for my ab piece and kidney peice which i cut apart from the back piece, looks a lot better and it fits right under my back piece like in ANH...

Abpiece001.jpg

Abpiece002.jpg

Abpiece003.jpg

Abpiece004.jpg

Abpiece005.jpg

hope it makes sense...i added the extra abs plastic that came with the kit to fill in my side gaps...

Interesting very interesting.

I'll definitely think about that.

An update, I got both of the upper arm pieces done last night. I'm trying to figure out which to go to next, thighs, or calves, or upper body.

I've really been leaning towards the upper body, as for some reason, I want to go neck down, and helmet last. So this weekend might just be finishing the upper. On that note, I do have to go buy some suspenders, as I think I'm going to go Dave's Garage style, I've seen a couple of other styles, and i'm to busy flipping a coin...

We'll see. Plus, busy weeks ahead, I'm just hoping I can get some work on it this weekend.

(Oh and I got the hand armor done! Hah. hahah. haha. :D )

Everytime I look at his pictures of that, I really do appreciate it more. The Rivetting there just gives it a "I'm actually armor, and I'm built to kick butt and take names" feeling. I really might take his approach on this.

Any word on whether that rivet job would give me issues getting 501st status?

*EDIT* With my frame size, I don't think I'm going to have to shim any. But I still think I'm going to highly consider rivetting them (I Assume thats what you did...) together.

Umm...so on the helmet teeth, how far do you cut them, till it starts its little hill, or before that...?

If you are using the kit I think you are (most TX kits are FX based) then when you cut out the teeth there is already a raised and lowered portion. Just cut out the lowered portion.

It really is up to you as to how much you want to cut out, some people leave them somewhat rounded. Whatever you think looks good to you.

Alright, sorry bout that lack of updates, got a little busy this weekend. I got a little work done on the kit, and figured I'd show some pics.

P8172704.JPG

Helmet Left side, I fixed the little paint issues that I had, this was shot prior to doing so.

P8172705.JPG

Helmet Right side (yours that is). Paint issues were fixed after taking this shot.

P8172706.JPG

Working on the Button Holes.

P8172707.JPG

Button Holes again.

New update coming soon.