Struggling with the thighs

I am having a heck of a time trying to fit the thigh pieces. I think I’m measuring at the right placement but then the back thigh joints are far too apart. I think a 40 mm cover strip wouldn’t pass inspection.

Tips for fitting?

I only cut the front down to 10 mm each side and only trimmed off the warped material on the back from the pull. My thighs aren’t THAT big.

HELP

Front:

b932e38e889e22c3128e0fbfea22f903.jpg

Back:

3d898d0e0dc64b6c8236bd40ee1d0ed2.jpg

Side of knee:

28fcfe7194fc6402f347c836e3f42988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got rid of the entire return edge at the top of my thighs. I glued the front up with the 20mm cover strip before deciding where to trim/adjust at the back. This helped me a lot with shaping them. Without the return edge I was able to raise the thighs to a good height. Yours doesn't look too bad as far as height goes. Maybe a little higher? More experienced TKs should chime in here. Keep in mind the cod will rub the thighs if they are too high. Noisy and maybe even chafing. Yikes.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, imperialbrewer said:

I will get rid of that altogether.

Start with the inner return first, a little at a time a few mm can do wonders in getting the thighs higher and it look better with some return left if possible....and like Sean said, see how it looks with the cod held in the right position...you want minimal black showing but to high and there`s a possibility of mobility issues instead as well as noise and chafing...but in my opinion it all comes down to looks.....I can just barely navigate stairs and it`s not pretty when I do so but that`s the way I like it - minimal black showing with even gaps.  Here´s how it looks when I walk to give you an idea:)

• Like 1

oops..to late

No, seriously, that video was pretty helpful in getting an idea of positioning things and how the armor sits and walks. I know the strapping will help as well, but doing this on my own with no one around to help poses a lot of challenges. Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1