Savage Raddish Build Thread

SavageRaddish

My build thread!

Here goes,

My armor is TKUSA, my bucket is Anovos with Trooperbay lenses (soon to arrive). Build party for the armor to happen soon! Bucket pics below!

I've lined the interior with two coats of Rust-oleum leak seal rubber undercoating. Worked like a charm! Frown mesh was recycled from the original Anovos mesh, trimmed and secured using electrical tape layers. The ANOVOS stock brow trim was very loose and I couldent secure it with E6000 or hobby glue (suggestion?) so I replaced it with the TKUSA brow. I trimmed the eyeholes back a bit to fit the lenses. I trimmed one eye a bit more than the other to give it the ANH "rushed to produce" look.

All suggestions, comments, questions very much welcomed!

2.JPG

Edited by SavageRaddish

If I had any advice it would be do your research now while you wait for your party. I would download all the Billgrams pictures, as well as some detail shots and have them with your kit so you can reference them as you go. Figure out what you want to accomplish at your armour party. You won't be able to build your kit in one go, so know what parts you think you will need help on. If this is your first build, I would highly recommend using E6000, as you can undo some stuff if need be. CA glue is much less forgiving. Also, practice scoring and breaking on scrap plastic before you attempt it on your armour. It makes life a lot easier when you are trimming, but that first time is scary.

Working on my armour when I first got it was nerve-wracking when I got it, because I was terrified that I would mess it up. Don't get nervous, the research will help you be more confident.

Take your time, and ask questions if need be. Use the forums and go through all the stickied threads.

You'll do great!

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

If I had any advice it would be do your research now while you wait for your party. I would download all the Billgrams pictures, as well as some detail shots and have them with your kit so you can reference them as you go. Figure out what you want to accomplish at your armour party. You won't be able to build your kit in one go, so know what parts you think you will need help on. If this is your first build, I would highly recommend using E6000, as you can undo some stuff if need be. CA glue is much less forgiving. Also, practice scoring and breaking on scrap plastic before you attempt it on your armour. It makes life a lot easier when you are trimming, but that first time is scary.

Working on my armour when I first got it was nerve-wracking when I got it, because I was terrified that I would mess it up. Don't get nervous, the research will help you be more confident.

Take your time, and ask questions if need be. Use the forums and go through all the stickied threads.

You'll do great!

Thanks buddy! I've got a folder on my computer packed with reference photos and guides, which I'll be using heavily. I'm stocked up on E6000 and am actually pretty good with scoring and snapping since I've used the method to build hobby models. I've started trimming the shoulder straps a bit, and luckily my armor purchase came with two sets in case of a mess up. I'll definitely be focusing on the arm and leg armor primarily at the build party, but also will be working on getting the chest/back/kidney etc. armor lined up and spaced properly to ensure a correct fit and make sure everything sits where it is supposed to sit. But yeah, this site is full of amazing info which I'll be referencing during and after the build!

Edited by SavageRaddish
  • Like 2

I built 2 suits and used zap-a-gap on both :smiley-sw013: I have zero jedi-patience :lol: but anyways..use which ever glue you`re comfortable with:duim: and I agree with you on amazing info, reading all this stuff is just as fun as the actual building and ....it´s addictive to, currently waiting on my third set and can`t wait to start a new build ^_^

• Like 1

Armor update! I've been running into some trouble scaling down pictures to meet size requirements here but I wanted to let you all know where I'm at for now. Pics to come!

Since my last posting the following events have taken place:

-Lenses received from Trooperbay and installed

-Also received black chemical gloves from Trooperbay and I've E6000'd straps to my hand guards. They fit snug and secure over the gloves. At a later time I'll upgrade to latex guards.

-Started trimming posterior armor to fit me better. Mainly cut away excess from the areas that will meet the backs of my legs.

-E6000'd shoulder straps to the chest piece. Waiting my standard 24 hours for the glue to cure.

Once cured and secure I'll be purchasing white strapping to attach the chest and back pieces so the shoulder straps can free float. Once that's accomplished I'll be attaching the shoulder bells and moving onto the bicep armor.