HELP! I'm a little short for a stormtrooper!

Ok, so I got my CFO Rotj tk armor kit a little while ago, and I have been working on it day and night trimming, gluing, etc. This halloween I was able to wear my armor for the first time (with R1 black series helmet and black tape to hold it together because I'm doing strapping last, followed by the actual helmet, and have not got there yet). Although it is far from finished, one thing I noticed seemed like a real problem, the legs. I could hardly walk, and the knee plate kept getting stuck under the thigh, I had no knee space. However I was handing out candy so it was not too much of an issue at the time. But this is my dilemma: I don't know what was causing this, are the thighs to big? or the shins? or both? or could it have just been the last minute straps being too long? I just need some help on what to do about this. Overall however I am certainly pleased with the result of my work so far and how it is turning out, and I can't wait until I can join the ranks of the 501st. Ill post the pics below, and if you could help me out that would be great. Also if you notice anything else off about my armor, please let me know. Thanks in advance! -Eric

trooper 1.jpg

trooper 4.jpg

trooper 6.jpg

trooper 5.jpg

Hey Eric, great job on your armor so far:duim: and as you said, it`s a bit big on you... I recommend cuting the top of thighs, a little at a time...regarding the sniper knee you could try some foam back of thighs and front of shin (wait for that untill you trimmed the thighs to the right size if you choose to go that route) The kidney and backplate looks a bit big as well, I was lucky to have my armor fit me like a glove without any modifications so I highly recommend you to read this build to help you resize your armor, it´s alot to read but well worth it! 

Now it`s a bit different since you got the ROTJ with the fused butt/kidney but I´m certain it will be helpful none the less:jc_doublethumbup:

Good luck!

Before you cut anything, try walking around with just the leg armour on and see how it feels. You can trim out the backs of the knees to help with mobility and also trim away a small amount from the ankles to lower the shins.

Your torso also needs some attention. The good thing about ROTJ armour is the white edging trim hides any trimming, unlike ANH and ESB that has return edges. You can trim the neck line deeper on your chest plate to bring it up more and trim off an inch or so from the top of your kidney plate and maybe 1/2" off the bottom of your back plate.  Test fit the torso on it's own until it feels and look right in regards to your body size. Do the same with the legs wearing them without the torso and then test fit wearing everything to see how it feels.

Thats good advise from Paul, I just assumed you tried the armor pieces on individually and found that the thighs restricted your movement...my bad...so..no cutting before you have identified the areas of concern doing as Paul suggested:duim: