21 hours ago, BDWC said:

No worries about extra ABS, you'll have plenty once you start trimming out your kit when it arrives

I wished I had reinforced mine initially, as after almost two years of trooping with my Anovos kit, I've added several pieces and repairs with ABS paste fixing those cracks

Sent from my Imperial TK communicator

Thanks for your input! I am definitely going to take your advice and reinforce problem areas. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Erice3339 said:

Do you think I should reinforce these areas as I build...

Absolutely.  Much easier to do during the build rather than after.  The areas that I highlighted do not need major reinforcing, just a piece about half an inch wide and follow the curve.  While you can certainly attach the reinforcing strips with ABS paste, I used E-6000 and have had no problems.  I would set them back from the edge about 1/8 of an inch so they don't show, though.

As for the interior cover strips, also easier to do during the build, and bear in mind that the interior ones are just for added strength.  They are not overly necessary on most joins, but like I mentioned, the front of the calves get stretched a lot from opening and closing them when putting your armor on.  I suggest making the interior strips for those first, and cut them about 1 1/2 inches wide.  They don't have to be pretty, as no one sees them anyway, and will not affect any approval level.

10 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Absolutely.  Much easier to do during the build rather than after.  The areas that I highlighted do not need major reinforcing, just a piece about half an inch wide and follow the curve.  While you can certainly attach the reinforcing strips with ABS paste, I used E-6000 and have had no problems.  I would set them back from the edge about 1/8 of an inch so they don't show, though.

As for the interior cover strips, also easier to do during the build, and bear in mind that the interior ones are just for added strength.  They are not overly necessary on most joins, but like I mentioned, the front of the calves get stretched a lot from opening and closing them when putting your armor on.  I suggest making the interior strips for those first, and cut them about 1 1/2 inches wide.  They don't have to be pretty, as no one sees them anyway, and will not affect any approval level.

Excellent, thank you again Joseph. You always seem to know what I need to do better than I do. In addition to Wrath’s build thread, I’ll be sure to reference back here as I build the armor. 

4 minutes ago, Erice3339 said:

You always seem to know what I need to do better than I do. 

Been there, done that, brother, (my Hero armor is Anovos).  One thing I would recommend when BBB (big brown box) day arrives is to start your own build thread here, and there are a few reasons behind that...

1.  You can post all of your questions in one place.  Believe me, you will get a better response to them if you do this.

2.  You can post photos** of your build as you progress, as well as pics of any problems that may arise.  A picture really is worth a thousand words, and here at the FISD we LOVE photos!

3.  Your build thread can potentially help future Troopers that may have the same issues/questions.

**  If you don't have one yet, I highly suggest getting an imgur (imgur.com) account to post pics with.  It's free, easy to use, and you can edit them as needed.  Here is a tutorial that will help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

I just cancelled my Anovos FOTK and went with KB Props. My biggest reason is guys in my garrison told me the Anovos armor isn’t very sizable to anything but guys who are fairly thin. So if you have any girth, large arms, legs etc. it’s probably not going to fit well. Also they are slow. They currently promised delivery on these kits since March 20, 2018 and none of us have seen any movement (this is one of many delays they’ve had)