Cover strips?

Parquette

So I need to recreate the cover strips for the R1TK from scratch, and the edges needed to be beveled. To achieve this effect, I need thick plastic. Anyone know where I can grab a product that's made out of thick plastic at a hardware store (Ace, Menards, Hobby Lobby, etc...)? I know how to achieve the bevel, it just needs to be thick plastic.

Edited by Par_

• 5 months later...

Reese, I am sorry I have not seen this before now and I assume you have already solved this but if not. Most Mandalorians use Sintra to make armor. It is a PVC foam board that can be cut, sanded, glued, painted, and even heated with a heat gun and shaped. It comes in sheets of various thickness 3mm, 6mm, etc... The great news is that Sintra goes by a ton of different names and you can find it at most Home Depots in the siding section. Example https://www.homedepot.com/p/Palight-ProjectPVC-18-in-x-24-in-x-0-118-in-Foam-PVC-White-Sheet-156247/205853884

I would think this would work nicely for the cover strips that need to be beveled.

• Like 2