Naha Parade 2017

SgtGarand

In Naha, Okinawa the annual Tsunahiki Festival and Tug of War is taking place. First recorded as the world's largest tug of war by Guinness, with the rope weighing close to 40 metric tons. To kick off the festival, a parade is held the day prior. The Japanese Garrison was in attendance to gather publicity for the 501st as well as attempt to recruit potential new members. 

The day started with a carpool around 8:30am, many hours before the events started so that we could find parking. Once we were all gathered, trading cards were swapped, and we all marveled at the two mouse droids that had been home built. I think all of us wanted one, lol.  Afterwards, we headed down to see where we would be starting, and then went to have lunch. 

The time soon approached and everyone suited up to start making our way down to the start. I began taking photos right away and by the end I had taken well over 100 shots. It was a long day for us all but everyone had a blast, and the crowd loved seeing everyone in character. Hopefully I will be attending our next event as a TK. :smiley-sw013:

ogtn9nf.jpg

q5e2qBi.jpg

H15Qqxe.jpg

IKhvYHd.jpg

3vqloTi.jpg

8ch5kQH.jpg

obnxqhT.jpg

c1ti1nu.jpg

7dRDx0W.jpg

KhHTtdr.jpg

j3l2NYD.jpg

VkQy054.jpg