Helmet trimming and assembly

ibdiegoTk

Lots of great helmet build threads to follow, you will notice the ears have a tapper back appearance.

Have you thought of contacting members in your local area/garrison, some do build days and may be great to get hands on experience.

Some build threads:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42310-cableguys-rwa-anh-stormtrooper-build-wip/#comment-567093

Hi Diego,
As above, certainly check out some build threads, especially those that are the same supplier of helmet as yours.
I'd also suggest using rare earth magnets to hold your lid together during the build phase. It give a lot of flexibility when lining up the front and back. Here's an example of how they can be used:

869b28c12cc007fd475c329643356d21.jpg

a5e7bfc1476b8f8e7bb42f435384e152.jpg

:-)
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again,

Overall, your lid is looking fine for that stage of the build. Although, I just noticed it looks like you've drilled the fifth hole on the frown.

f3d361f1dce9020c017ee854a6887e1b.png

Usually, there are only 4 opened holes per side, with that fifth one left undrilled and unpainted.
You can probably fill this with abs paste. (I'm not trying to criticise, hopefully just being constructive)

Here's an example of the frown.

958e074cf0a13b11831a7d555457171c.jpg

Don't worry too much about the back and front parts fitting perfectly at first. Once you've cut the ears, you can offer them up to the sides of the lid, where the front and back overlap. This will allow you to see how much excess plastic you need to remove. The ears will also pull the front and back together once they are screwed in. :-)

Best wishes, Dan

Hi again,

Overall, your lid is looking fine for that stage of the build. Although, I just noticed it looks like you've drilled the fifth hole on the frown.

f3d361f1dce9020c017ee854a6887e1b.png

Usually, there are only 4 opened holes per side, with that fifth one left undrilled and unpainted.
You can probably fill this with abs paste. (I'm not trying to criticise, hopefully just being constructive)

Here's an example of the frown.

958e074cf0a13b11831a7d555457171c.jpg

Don't worry too much about the back and front parts fitting perfectly at first. Once you've cut the ears, you can offer them up to the sides of the lid, where the front and back overlap. This will allow you to see how much excess plastic you need to remove. The ears will also pull the front and back together once they are screwed in. :-)

Best wishes, Dan