CableGuy's RWA ANH Stormtrooper build (#cleared#) - target...Centurion

CableGuy

Hello everyone.

Exciting times - most of my strapping is complete, including the arms now connected to the shoulder straps.

I kitted up to measure the gap between the chest and back (over the shoulder) and this came in at 2cm. Used masking tape to cover my 2cm gap and then measured up the white nylon webbing.

d8ee46b8705d1dfd107f27996f505b66.jpg

The ab to chest straps were not finished for these pics. Also, the cod to butt strap is also not done yet.

f61206badc380c1b41a0585e344ed858.jpg

28b47b00e7de9123292b2f424aaeadd1.jpg

1d6643780e06e6f289ab0873c559cb49.jpg

0089f838d773df248f8b94a69a271215.jpg

71b11cec87eac3123417c325ca09e0cb.jpg

cc192b5864e744ad5b5ce979f07ba0bc.png

It feels great to wear. Just need to practice my mobility and get used to the movements required when suited up.

Managed to get most of this on by myself. Just couldn't reach the second arm to attach it to the shoulder strap - (wife to the rescue). :-)

To anyone reading that is on-the-fence of whether to take the plunge and build a TK kit, my advise would be ........

DO IT!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

• CableGuy changed the title to CableGuy's RWA ANH Stormtrooper build (WIP) - target...Centurion

I couldn't do some stuff my self initially but after a few suit ups I am able to do it all on my own now.  Not sure if it's a practice thing or just stuff losening up over time.  With how you have your arms, leave them whole put them on as a sleeve. I have my top strap glued to the shoulder bell so I have no choice but you don't so experiment which is easier for you.

I couldn't do some stuff my self initially but after a few suit ups I am able to do it all on my own now.  Not sure if it's a practice thing or just stuff losening up over time.  With how you have your arms, leave them whole put them on as a sleeve. I have my top strap glued to the shoulder bell so I have no choice but you don't so experiment which is easier for you.

Cheers, Chris. I appreciate the tips.
I had the arms complete as a sleeve yesterday but couldn't reach my left arm across to "snap" my right shoulder bell to the bridge strap.
I'm tempted to try the left shoulder bell and bicep connected before putting on the body - then attach the whole right arm as a complete piece (hopefully having flexibility as the left arm is not complete) - then attach the left forearm.
Lots of experimenting to do. :-)

• Like 1

Hi all,

Almost managed kitting up on my own yesterday, only for the right shoulder strap to pop off. Otherwise, seems to be a good plan to keep the left shoulder and bicep attached, then fit right arm as a complete piece, the fit the left forearm.

a7ab332d02ea3d32b702d8d90bea28d0.jpg

Thighs are in progress, then shins.

d86a15782705b39eaeb9c207e65aaf90.jpg

Received the last piece of the puzzle yesterday, namely my neck seal from ISD. I think I was a bit generous with my measurements so it's a little bit. With the balaclava and armour on though, it looks okay.

053d45dd3bc29b9dddeca36cc468423c.jpg

Kitted up last night, including TRamp, and my 5yr old daughter LOVED IT!! Such and excited, happy face to see a Stormtrooper up close. :-)

Hi all,
Whilst the armour build continues, I've also been testing my TRamp (Trooper Amp) system. It's very good and SOO simple to use.
Apologies for my limited quotes and bad American accent. ;-)

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

Nice clean build Dan. My only suggestion would be that you double snap all connections. Single snaps will pop during trooping antics. It's best to be over built than under built and deal with malfunctions.

• Like 1

Nice clean build Dan. My only suggestion would be that you double snap all connections. Single snaps will pop during trooping antics. It's best to be over built than under built and deal with malfunctions.

Hi Brad,
Many thanks for the tip. I'll certainly look to do that on the more stressed areas, if not all. :-)

10 hours ago, 68Brick said:

I use single snaps and have never had one let go on me. Have a word with Ross but I am pretty sure he only uses singles too and is very active in his armour.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 1

Cheers, Chris. You're correct with Ross using single 15mm poppers throughout. I'll see how it goes when I start moving about. It's a nice easy addition should certain areas need it. :-)

Hi all,
Had a late night TK session last night. Measured up for thighs and shins and set to gluing.

b286b8c1ecaba597e26469531baa9bb5.jpg

1091e057430358e3b1c7da24a5cbe8f8.jpg

Then I kitted up (top half only) to get more of a feel for it. I can now easily kit up to this point by myself and am getting much more used to moving in costume. Did about 5mins and filmed it to review for myself afterwards.

A couple of snaps below taken from my video. (Excuse the poor lighting - I was watching the F1 at the same time). ;-)

efd0cdf5114ecbdf421dc6d6c1f70686.png

aca7c7ae09a622b23850194bdee5aae4.png

4edf4b7f6411cfb0f95c7d3c9efd362a.png

Feeling more and more comfortable each time. Can't wait to try with the legs too. :-)

Evening all

Completed my waist belt straps for the thighs this evening. Kitted up for a few pics.

I've not fitted poppers to the back of the shins yet, (as I'm still waiting for my second batch of boot dye to arrive), hence the shin twisting significantly with even the slightest movement.
The thighs need some tweaking too as they didn't quite sit straight.

f0d07223d2582cfc82d5a72893a7a636.jpg

dac0eabb04ea038bceda23118f57353c.jpg

662e6f91a66848758a2fc9e85bee0718.jpg

Holster wasn't fully poppered either.
e50a2fdb5a5ea95d275a3b5874ca3b38.jpg

2a33e824af56b80b9d1d0bac43eff0a3.jpg

2ead75e9c7ff92ab89768807eb12f257.jpg

Getting there. :-)

Fit is looking really good. Only thing I'd say is you may need to look into foam padding to stop the sniper catching on the thigh.  A block in the front of the shin, thigh behind the knee, or both should stop that.  I did both on both sides for balance.

Only another evening or so and you should be done!

Fit is looking really good. Only thing I'd say is you may need to look into foam padding to stop the sniper catching on the thigh.  A block in the front of the shin, thigh behind the knee, or both should stop that.  I did both on both sides for balance.

Only another evening or so and you should be done!

Cheers, Chris. I've got quite a bit of foam I can experiment with.
Fitted the poppers to the back of the boot and shins today. Should be able to test run that tomorrow. :-)

I need to do that still. My shins twist a lot.

Eeek. I only realised for the first time last night that there's no chance in you know where that I can reach them myself once kitted up. ;-)

f5c6304fb76265b852766d017d19dba4.jpg

Afternoon folks.

A good shout by many on the Homebase 145ltr storage box. £12.99 is a bargain.

For those that haven't seen it, it's big, has four wheels and a clip on lid.
f8961976b26e88495de2f7257bf6dc7b.jpg

Apart from my lid and blaster, everything else is in there with lots of space to spare.
Complete left arm and left shin are inside the left thigh. Same for the right.
cebdfef67e932d578739d1461b7a4043.jpg

897914233cefffb6b771ef653438cbca.jpg

I could probably squeeze my lid in there but will find a decent bag or cover first. Think I'll build a little box to to sit under the armour to house my soft goods, TRamp etc.

Also, we've had different sets of friends over on Sat and Sun and, thankfully, both asked me to kit up. I'm really pleased with how kitting up is becoming easier and I'm feeling better and better in the armour. Movement is coming on dramatically, including walking.

Much fun :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

I could probably squeeze my lid in there but will find a decent bag or cover first.

I have this one, it's been fantastic.  Fleece lined, shoulder strap and a pocket on the out side for stuff (mine has the fan battery and my troop diary in it)

http://amzn.to/2xpkkDz

I have this one, it's been fantastic.  Fleece lined, shoulder strap and a pocket on the out side for stuff (mine has the fan battery and my troop diary in it)
http://amzn.to/2xpkkDz

Ooo, looks really nice. Cheers for the link, Chris. :-)

• Like 1

Hello world,

Been working on the TD and ab plates over the last couple of days. Also added some padding to the inside front of my shins, (cheers Chris P).

The tube that came with my TD kit was 190mm. Add on the end caps and that took it to 195mm. Test fitted the detail on top and, due to the extra 5mm on the total length, I couldn't achieve the desired 12mm gap between the end caps and the detail piece. Well, I could but I would have to leave some return edge. As below:

d1b6816bc0775a1107cb8294cc1c027d.jpg

Instead, I spoke with my UKG armourers and opted to lose 5mm off of the tube. This left me with a total length of 190mm (as suggested) and allowed me to lose the return edge.

58c69319c41005804d8edad0307ce6d1.jpg

01c7f02b142ab8d1743419a32fd0b474.jpg

d70ec45c633dc13644dc04b5d48d96ca.jpg

5964ef9a17ad97bd4dfd8c3db715c4cf.jpg

Also painted and fitted the ab buttons. Painted by hand, so not 100% perfect, but still maintains an authentic look (imo). :-)

a97702bb00a776bf064e27069486e189.jpg

d596881f2063a94f2a4849cab6157811.jpg

ff911e87f75b4129ce71b4df0d313c16.jpg

92c63ec924ecd63865d6a56adff66d5f.jpg

Also received further approval from my children over the weekend. ;-)

(I only let her have my old SDS lid - I'm not brave enough to share my RWA lid) lol

c0c74c4a676ae1ab6dc0bf3b07d2f6c0.jpg

Edited by CableGuy
typo

Looking Great Dan! :duim:

If you decide to bail on the snaps on your boots, you could add Industrial Velcro to the front of your boots and the inside of your shins. The shins will stay down and will not rotate. Works well too. 

• Like 1

Looking Great Dan! :duim:

If you decide to bail on the snaps on your boots, you could add Industrial Velcro to the front of your boots and the inside of your shins. The shins will stay down and will not rotate. Works well too. 

Thanks Brad.

I'll certainly bare that in mind. I'm already finding which areas take the most strain when moving around. I'll see how they hold up with continued use.

I might go double snap on the ab to chest. If I move in a certain way, they 'can' pop. They don't always do it but extra snaps wouldn't go a miss there. :-)