Poe tries to build ANH-Stunt armor [RS-PVC]

Hello out there!

A few days ago I received this NSBBB (the BBB is, as I write this, on its way from the UK to Sweden) 

IMG_20170613_183656_zpschrjbyxm.jpg

And this is what was in it

IMG_20170613_183725_zpszme6b9dz.jpg

So after a few years looking trough build threads and reference pictures, I finally got my own set of armor :peace:

This is hat I´ve done so far...

Face plate and eyes

IMG_20170613_181133_zpskpefmd95.jpg

IMG_20170613_181331_zps3y5lheeq.jpg

IMG_20170613_181248_zpsmwdv4vhn.jpg

IMG_20170613_181257_zpsghb1icgx.jpg

Cap n' back

IMG_20170613_181519_zpslx85g425.jpg

IMG_20170613_181502_zpsv9lzv9bd.jpg

IMG_20170613_181439_zpsrr1afcbs.jpg

I hope it looks okey so far. And I do apologize for crappy phone camera pictures. 

Any input, tips, how to and tricks of the trade will be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 2

Congrats!!  Its always exciting to get that box.  Your trimming looks fine so far.  Obviously, you still have a little ways to go, but your work looks good.  :salute:

• Like 1

so, by following the lead of Gazmosis: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28633-howto-ata-helmet-build-hand-painted-details-pic-heavy/

pandatrooper: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/1-howto-assembling-ata-abs-helmet-1/page-3

and Gwithian: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40087-stephens-rs-anh-stunt-build-wip-for-small-people/

and a few reference pics, I actually managed to accomplish this  :smiley-sw013:

IMG_20170616_202427_zps2dnav71u.jpg

IMG_20170616_202503_zpsys4eryb1.jpg

IMG_20170616_202448_zpsvfsjsdlb.jpg

I think it turned out quite alright :D
Next mission will be to maybe trim a wee bit more on the left side, attach everything permanently and move on to the dreaded ears. I am truly a bit scared of those... :shok:  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Poe said:

Then, add paint
pyzd1E0.jpg?1 

3y5tHdQ.jpg?1

Well... maybe a bit of touch up will help, but I'm not sure about the tube stripes
Perhaps I should remove and repaint..?

Hi fellow Swedish trooper here....I would repaint and check out Crickets RS build on some great advice in doing the painting:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Yepp... I think you are right about that. But I just had to give it a try :smiley-sw013: I will definetly check out Crickets thread.

Or perhaps I should just go with the paint masks from Trooperbay ;) 

And you did absolutely right in doing so, for me that`s the fun in building, you try something and see how it goes and if your not happy with the result, redo:duim:

and I say use the templates but not a brush, in her build she uses a sponge and it looks super-easy and super-clean! My TX came with a ready-made helmet but I´m going to use her tip on my Hero-kit and there are many other great building advises, tips and tricks from her and others that really makes it worth while to read it and she also has the tread divided into chapters which makes it easy to navigate to what your interested in for the moment, the shin closure for example is a work of art..so...you won`t regret it :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by jedha-trooper
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sooo... I'm trying to figure out the placement on the side split rivets and the Han snap. Was looking at the Bilhag "Bilgrams", some reference pics and a Troopermaster hero build on Facebook, and this is my conclusion. Does this seem right to you guys?
cbf42a73f9ed47f70812e026d048ff07.jpg20cfa4f378c0f7b1ad0f2d81c82ddcdf.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

Yea... I think you are right. I will re check and measure again (and mabey a few times more) . My ultimate dream is centurion, so I don't want to make any stupid mistakes just because I want to finish things to fast.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

• Like 1