Displaying Armor on a Mannequin?

I'm still waiting for my armor from RS and am assembling my kit for HWT in the meantime.<br><br>

I'd love to be able to show off my kit (pack, DLT and all!) on a mannequin in my "cave" in between troops. It'd be great to see everyone's reaction when they walk in and see a stormtrooper!! I'm thinking of permanently dressing it with an under suit and neck seal. <br><br>

Do any of you do this as well or am I insane? Are there any pro's/con's?<br><br>

Thanks

I display just the upper section of my armor cause I don't have space to store it with the original strapping as is. So its easier to keep it on the mannequin between troops. The only draw back is if I hang it too loosely the strapping starts to sag. If you keep the belt secure, the armor stays in place just like when you wear it. I don't let natural light into the room I store it in either to avoid discoloration.hope this helps.

I have my RS mounted on a flexible foam mannequin. I don't troop anymore so taking it off isn't an issue.

I don't use an undersuit as the mannequin is covered with a black material. Other than needing a neckseal and holster its finished

----------

Edited by Guest
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I did a duct tape mannequin, leaning against the wall so no stand.

Only change I'd recommend is to use saran wrap instead of old clothing, makes cutting it off a lot easier. You can also tape from the feet to torso, cut the legs to not overheat, then finish the upper body. I overstuffed slighty with polyfill and newspaper, so the armor does fit tight and no sags. 

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1