TK-12569 "Jaltrooper" Requesting EIB Status ANH Stunt [AM 2.0] [693]

Gentlemen, 

Here is my formal EIB application for your review / approval. 

I look forward to any review and / or adjustments as needed. 

Many Thanks,

Jon

Basic Information

Name: Jon Lubin / Jaltrooper
Legion ID: TK 12569
Garrison: Alabama Garrison

Mandatory Information

• Armor = AM 2.0
  • Helmet= AM 2.0
  • Blaster= Hyperfirm E-11 9 (Slavefive...some mods)

Optional

• Height = 6'2"
  • Weight = 175
  • Boots = TK Boots
  • Canvas belt = Tkittell
  • Hand Plates = ANH StuntLatex (justjoseph - FISD Forums)
  • Electronics= Aker amp (will be upgrading to mic tip / internal I-Comm set-up)
  • Neck Seal = ANH Stunt - (Darman / FISD Forums)
  • Holster = ANH Stunt - (Darman FISD Forums)

Full Body Front

20170223_190851_zpszrq1sxng.jpg

Full Body Back

20170223_192152_zpsixp2dxro.jpg

Full Arms Lifted Right

20170223_191140_zpsfacruryf.jpg

Full Arms Lifted Left

20170223_191052_zpsebvawokp.jpg

Right Side Detail

20170218_160314_zpslmbj1zqa.jpg

Left Side Detail

20170218_163535_zpsuo4laumb.jpg

Cod attachment:

20170218_152841_zpswqc2ndt5.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

20170218_163245_zpsft7dgg96.jpg

Left Side

20170218_163153_zpsxejyhwe9.jpg

Right Side

20170218_163136_zps6k4eqbfw.jpg

Back

20170218_163221_zpswqqyq8vk.jpg

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

20170218_163332_zpsug1lvoiv.jpg

Lens Color / Backlit

20170218_152332_zpshiizo0kc.jpg

Helmet "S-Trim"

20170218_152554_zpsxejulysp.jpg

Accessory Photos:

Ammo Belt

20170223_192405_zps9qxpruco.jpg

Holster Attachment

20170223_192420_zpsvlnlf1am.jpg

Belt-to-Ab attachment side

20170224_184346_zpsibrr8yrh.jpg

Belt rear detail Right:

20170224_184621_zpscedryxwz.jpg

Rivets are 1/8" - covered with elastic to avoid scratching armor

Belt Attachments / Ab:

20170224_184357_zpsrhjovkx1.jpg

Neck Seal

20170223_183032_zps40j7esy6.jpg\

Blaster - Right

20170219_122422_zpsrrma52kv.jpg

Blaster - Left

20170219_122324_zpspuwqmslf.jpg

Blaster - Rear D-Ring

20170219_122407_zpsbkq2wddz.jpg

Thermal Detonator Back

20170218_152447_zps62opybhk.jpg

Thermal Detonator Front / measurement

20170218_152517_zpsp72mueyn.jpg

Thermal detonator full front (screws painted)

20170224_191300_zpswoxzda9c.jpg

Action Shot! (will send in another with better background!)

20170223_191206_zpswicg2hkz.jpg

Interior Strapping

20170223_195044_zpsze6nsbws.jpg

Interior Strapping Front

20170223_195057_zpsw4hbw22z.jpg

Left Side Connection

20170223_195104_zpscuzcxfjw.jpg

Ab Button Detail

20170218_155506_zpsoqeri4et.jpg

Please let me know what else is needed and any adjustments that need to be made. 

Thanks again for the consideration!

Jon 

Edited by Jaltrooper

SUPER nice job on that AM armor, Jon, and I'm sure you will be seeing that EIB badge under your name very soon!  Two suggestions if I may, neither of which will affect your submission...  I would reinforce the back of the nylon strap that holds your left drop box on.  That "V" shaped cut is pretty deep, leaving not much to keep it from breaking eventually.  Also, you might want to put a strip of Velcro (the fuzzy side) on the back of your TD clips to help keep them from scratching your butt plate.  Really nice job on those ab/kidney connections!  

Thanks Joseph! I had some great help from a lot of folks! When it came to my build..."Troopers helping Troopers" was in full effect!

My intent is to, actually, buy another belt, Ammo pack, and drop boxes and re-do the entire ensemble prior to my Centurion app. But, if you look, there are small "patches" I put in and used loctite "flexible fabric glue" to shore everything up. It's transparent, so you can;t see it, but I was never happy with my install on the belt, so I am going to be re-doing it from scratch. I didn't want to disassemble the rivets to get the elastic off and start over, for fear of ruining it. Also, the right side snap placement is a tad "bunched", so it is a bear to get it snapped to the ab. The good news on that one is, once it is snapped, it isn't going anywhere! Haha.

Great idea on the TD clips...will do! I was also trying to come up with an inconspicuous way to "feel" if someone tried to grab it off my belt during a troop...more to come on that! :) 

You can't see it, but I have a 1" x 4" piece of ABS sewn into the right ab/kidney elastic "snap connection"...kind of like how the belt is reinforced...and that "holds" my gap on the right nicely. Going to put another snap connection on the bottom to keep my gaps tight. And those rivets! Couldn't have had the connection without my rivets!  :smiley-sw013:  :jc_doublethumbup:

Again, thanks for the advice, rest assured, that'll be solid and fixed before any Centurion application. 

• Like 1

P.S. Who would I get with to have the "AM 2.0" added to my Thread submission post on the board? 

I feel that I have let my AM 2.0 brothers down by not having our armor brand out there...there are not many on the forum list...YET!  ;)

Done and done thanks to the Admins!

Edited by Jaltrooper

Hey Jon, thank you for your EI application. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome and congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. An area that stands out to me are the tear stripes, they could stand to be tidied up a bit. I know free hand painting can be tough, trust me it took me a long time to get it down and yours aren't too bad though they could use some TLC  ;)   

Helmet%201.jpg

Reference photo

Tear%20L%202.jpg

Secondly, though not a huge deal your waist belt is sitting a bit low. The upper edge of the ammo belt should reside at the lower edge or slightly covering the lowest ab buttons.

belt.jpg

Reference photo

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

And finally keep an eye on your shoulder bell to cover, chest and back gap and bicep to forearm gap. You're a tall guy which can work against you at times. It's not bad but if you tightened the connecting straps a bit it would look even cleaner.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We do one area that will need to be address before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. We have nothing to ad here.

Excellent job on your build Jon, hope to see you at Centurion.     :jc_doublethumbup:

Hey Jon, thank you for your EI application. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome and congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. An area that stands out to me are the tear stripes, they could stand to be tidied up a bit. I know free hand painting can be tough, trust me it took me a long time to get it down and yours aren't too bad though they could use some TLC  ;)   

Helmet%201.jpg

Reference photo

Tear%20L%202.jpg

Secondly, though not a huge deal your waist belt is sitting a bit low. The upper edge of the ammo belt should reside at the lower edge or slightly covering the lowest ab buttons.

belt.jpg

Reference photo

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

And finally keep an eye on your shoulder bell to cover, chest and back gap and bicep to forearm gap. You're a tall guy which can work against you at times. It's not bad but if you tightened the connecting straps a bit it would look even cleaner.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We do one area that will need to be address before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. We have nothing to ad here.

Excellent job on your build Jon, hope to see you at Centurion.     :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Tony!!!

As always...great advice, and I'll be sure to get hose areas cleaned up. 

On the tears, I struggled with "getting the hand-painted / rushed look" and a cleaner look...I can easily do some housework on those before submitting for Centurion...will do.

On the belt, as I told Joseph above, my intent, frankly is to get a new belt, ammo pack and drop boxes and just start over...I was never 100% satisfied with the positioning, the install or my elastic  / drop boxes...so duly noted, will get that cleaned up as well. 

I planned on changing out the shoulder bell straps with nylon webbing over elastic (unless it will keep me from a Centurion approval) becuase they do move around a lot...and getting a consistent look due to my shoulders is tough. I'll work on the forearms as well...I tried to balance the distance on my gorilla arms to not have too much hand to forearm gap...so I did install them a tad lower than the 1/4" standard. 

Thanks a bunch for the review...and thanks even more for the new blue badge under my picture!!!!

Centurion...HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!! My boy Chris (1st Centurion TK in the Garrison) needs Company at the top!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Jon

• Like 2

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT JON! Welcome to EIB! If you need any help just shoot me a message, although by the looks of things you've got everything covered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk