Advice on Lower Leg armor, ANH

Hello all,

I've been doing some modifications to my Anovos ANH TK armor following Ukswrath mostly but I couldn't find one specific item of particular interest to myself.  My shin guards, lower leg armor, was constantly riding up every time I took a step.  I know this isn't a new problem for most people and I'm sure people have come up with their own solutions but I thought I'd share my own.

I decided that the best way to keep the armor in place is to have it snap onto something.  So I came up with this.

A2nFz5M.jpg

I used some ABS plastic cut into small squares and mounted snaps onto it.  I used the Anovos supplied strap that already had buttons on it.

Combining the two it looks like this.

8P18i8G.jpg

So, now that I have two of these I can easily install them on the interior of the shin guards.  Of course I'll be removing the Anovos installed fabric for plastic to plastic contact and I'll be using E6000 glue and some magnets to get it to hold on.

LW3XJaq.jpg

The bottom portion of the fabric will come out of the bottom of the shin guard here.

jJWGP3n.jpg

What I plan to do is to sew this end onto each boot.  Then, when I don my TK armor, all I'll have to do is to snap the shin guards on and viola! no rising shin guards!

I'm sure someone has done something similar to this before so I'm sure I'm not treading a new path here, it's just my solution to a problem I was having and I thought I'd share.  I welcome any and all feedback.

Thanks everyone!

:deadhorse::pint1:

• Like 1

I about doing that but I was concerned about how to attach it to the shin guard.  The selling point for this idea was using snaps, much better than straight Velcro!

On my set up I actually have Velcro on my boot that attaches to Velcro on the bottom of the shin. It seems to work but I have not been on a troop since I finished my armor less than a month ago. I know, bad trooper :(

• Like 1

On my set up I actually have Velcro on my boot that attaches to Velcro on the bottom of the shin. It seems to work but I have not been on a troop since I finished my armor less than a month ago. I know, bad trooper :(

That's how I have mine and it works great!  Boot tops haven't popped out since!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

TX30395 was having the same issue with his shin armor. So, 2 ft of 1" braided elastic, and 3" (×2) of hook and loop, and 15 minutes on the sewing machine later, a set of shin garters were made. Problem solved. 68edab988c6b9a0b518aafdd7df2f39a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TX30395 was having the same issue with his shin armor. So, 2 ft of 1" braided elastic, and 3" (×2) of hook and loop, and 15 minutes on the sewing machine later, a set of shin garters were made. Problem solved. 68edab988c6b9a0b518aafdd7df2f39a.jpg

Do you have a picture of your solution in action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of your solution in action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will be wandering around Celebration tomorrow, if you are there. Otherwise I'll have to wait until this weekend is over to get you a photo.

I tried the mod out when I put it together the other day. You knew it was there but it was not uncomfortable.