MR CE Do you have one? Got pics? What changes?

I would like to see pictures of anybody that has the MR CE helmet so I can see what it looks like with the armor.

Also... Ive read twice now about people taking the black stripe over the brow off. Why is that? Just preference or something problematic with the helmet?

I have one that is to arrive on monday! I cant wait to get it!

Looking around the forum will answer your questions:

-------------

And to see what the MR CE looks like on armor, look through the elite applications. Marvinrobot and TK-2416 both have the MR CE.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

SuperTrooper said:
Looking around the forum will answer your questions:

-----------

And to see what the MR CE looks like on armor, look through the elite applications. Marvinrobot and TK-2416 both have the MR CE.

Thanks man.

I havent looked up the two guys in armor yet, but I did go through those links you posted. Thanks.

To be honest... I dont see the big deal about making the mods. I mean, the part of the helmet where the "grey teeth" or frown or whatever is the only part I really notice the big difference on. That and where they fill in the one seem.

I dont see what the diference is with the ears or the black "brow" strip. Maybe someone could clue me in? :mellow:

Do these HAVE to be moded to be 501st? Because (an no offense to any FX lid owners, I have one too) they look way better/more accurate/etc than the FX lid and that is accepted.

I may try to do the mod on the frown (because I think that's the only mod that IMO makes a differnce really to the look of the helmet), but I dont know that I want to "fix" what I feel doesnt really need fixing.

I hope I dont offend anyone or ruffle anyones feathers with those comments. That is not my intentions. I know from experience with other forums (not 501st so far, you guys all seem to be a real pleasant and accepting comuninty) that sometimes if you try to express an opinion that is contrary to certain people and those people jump out and practicaly beat you with a stick. lol :rolleyes:

Not you guys though.. y'all are COOL! B)

Edited by gmrhodes13

For the MRCE to be 501st acceptable, you have to 1) replace the lenses 2) add the missing ear screws 3) fill the chin to face seam and 4) if needed fix the teeth but most are ok out of the box.

I did all the required mods and then painted the smile to be an ESB, looks much better IMO.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I've got pictures of my MR CE (un-modded while in armor) as well as in the mod process (which I'm currently doing)-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Just a quick one regarding upgrading the MRCE (I have never done this before). My MRCE is in the mail as we speak and I'm wondering....

This might be obvious to many but, when I've filled in the seams with some kind of past and whatnot, I have to spraypaint it. Do I just sand down the entire helmet with fine sandpaper and then one coat of primer or two, then some sort of white gloss (2-3 coats) and finish off with a clear coat?

cranky said:
Just a quick one regarding upgrading the MRCE (I have never done this before). My MRCE is in the mail as we speak and I'm wondering....

This might be obvious to many but, when I've filled in the seams with some kind of past and whatnot, I have to spraypaint it. Do I just sand down the entire helmet with fine sandpaper and then one coat of primer or two, then some sort of white gloss (2-3 coats) and finish off with a clear coat?

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what you do.

If you've not done so yet, do yourself a favor and read this thread like 100 times before you start.--------------

I've read it, re-read it, memorized it, forgotten it, remembered it, all but had it tattooed on my arms as a "memento", and then re-read it again as I'm in process. It is, by far, the end all be all "bible" for modding and MR CE.

Hope that helps! B)

Edited by gmrhodes13

Yup! Cleared it up a bit for me, that did.

Just one more thing though, does it really have to be taken entirely apart for doing this?

Just got my fingers crossed it's possible to do the mods without breaking it apart, seeing as it's a hassle if I need to get a new one of those :-)

It's possible to do it without taking it apart.

The reasons to take it apart are:

1) Makes it a BUNCH easier to trim / raise the brow. (If you don't disassemble it I recommend using a metal ruler under the brow to keep from nicking / cutting the forehead.)

2) Makes it easier to put on new ears / fill the gaps from where the old ears were.

Those are the two main things I can think of as to why to take it apart... but no, you do not have to.

It's not as hard as you think. Using a heat gun / hair dryer to heat up the glue and looking at the post above, as well as my posts on my website, to really see where and how it's snapped together, makes it quite easy.

If you're using the same ears that came with it and doing the MR CE Ear Mod then I'd say don't take it apart!

Edited by gmrhodes13