Question about ANH Hero helmet level 2 certification

Several makers have Hero helmets, TM, ATA (supplies ears only) and I believe AM may be doing them now. Hero ears only use 2 screws too, not 3 like Stunt versions.

You can see the difference here: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-comparisons.htm

STUNT

newcompanh2.jpg

Hero

orig_hero03.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

It is also possible to transform 4 bump ears into 3.  I did this on my Anovos bucket, but it takes some time and patience.  I sanded down the inside of the bump, removed the paint from the outside of it, filled in the inside and outside areas with ABS paste and then (using needle files) re-carved the notches.  After that I repainted them.

Not sure on that one..  The helmets come unassembled, so all you would need are the ears.  I would contact them and find out, and if they do, maybe they could send you those instead of the Stunt ears.

Thanks guys, you've been super helpful. So does ATA not make a full Hero helmet?

No ATA only makes the ears, but if you are handy and used a heat gun before, you can modify the teeth as I have done here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23694-hero-bucket-build/

hel2.jpg

01fb0f6fb9d0706d0090352281160cbe.jpge59221e2d0fcf0034a7a78656cb7e12d.jpgdfc6e36391ecba9d0131722aa57718ce.jpg I went with the new AM hero kit came with the right ears and everything you need to assemble. The bucket is smaller then the previous 2.0 bucket. And it is a 2 piece now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk