R1 TK Ribbed Fabric Option Found At TARGET

BrinkHouse

Was at my local Target tonight, and since I've been on the hunt for R1 bits and bobs for my Patrol Captain (TK-14057) build I thought I'd check around for a possible ribbed undersuit fabric and I think I found something DAMN close. $20 and there's enough fabric in this top to make both elbows, knees and even around underarms if necessary.

--------------

My plan is to keep my current one-piece lycra undersuit and cut the sleeves off this for my elbow gaskets and cut/sew pieces from the back for my knee gaskets. Depending on how good it all looks I'll then stitch them permanently in place to the undersuit. Advantage there is that all unseen parts of the undersuit will still be very breathable and cool. 

31692947715_9f75ce56b4.jpg

31320439660_85d31c6922.jpg

31577441431_8b1ca7b3f6.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

Upon further inspection of high rez photos, it seems like the best thing would be to keep the shirt mostly intact, maybe just trimming the length if necessary so that it does not appear in the thigh/butt area which should just appear as a smooth black material.

• Like 1

Upon further inspection of high rez photos, it seems like the best thing would be to keep the shirt mostly intact, maybe just trimming the length if necessary so that it does not appear in the thigh/butt area which should just appear as a smooth black material.

That's what I thought as well.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What's the maker's name? Would like to see if it is sold at other places that I may have locally, or if anything Amazon.

Unlikely, I believe Merona is a Target brand. I know you can order it from their website though, there's a link in my first post.

I wonder if I bought an extra and dyed it grey I could use it for my shore trooper as well... muahaha....

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

They actually had a grey top with a very similar pattern, I'd recommend going and browsing your local Target!

• Like 1