gmrhodes13

Desert Scorpion Squad Troop Report

Event: Special Children's Christmas Party

Date: November 19 2016

Time: 9.30 for 10.30 start to 2.30

Landscape/Weather: Indoors

Troopers: TR13310 Liz, TK85421 Q, SL51164 Stuart

Wrangler: We went alone

Report: Arrived on site and on time,the goose parked next to me.Changing area provided for a relaxed kit up.

Wow,the 4 hours went quick.Take out the few mini breaks we had and this troop was a mega photo request.As this event was for children with special needs there were many emotional moments for the kids,parents and us.Today was for me a big part of what we are about.

Q was not feeling 100% however once amongst the crowd,well the show must go on.Liz and I were ok as we were a couple of cake and chocolate eaters.

Kids rides,stage entertainment,emergency service displays,gift bags,food,drinks,toys all free of charge and there was so much left at the end.Liz scored herself a souvenir fluffy duck,sorry the reindeer were all gone.Q did not miss out either as he received a surprise gift earlier that morning,I'm sure he will put it to good use but please remember to follow the instructions.

We called it a day,returned to the carpark and noticed my drivers window open,oops I forgot to close it,all was well.

Charity: No funds raised as it was a free event

Injuries: Q felt and looked like crap but soldiered on for the kids

Armour repairs: None

Happy people: Great public response and DSS feeling proud

Unhappy people: Going with none

Pics to follow

Mission status: Complete

Report by: Stuart

christmas 2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

These kinds of troops are always my favorites, (kids with Autism, etc.)  The looks on their faces are priceless...  Great job on persevering even though you were not feeling well, (but I am sure the chocolate helped)!  ;)

• Like 1