Final decision made - Armor

Jaltrooper

After much research...I have decided on the AM2 armor / helmet for my ANH Stunt build.I sent an e-mail to get that moving / ordered today.<br><br>

I have Centurion rivets, latex hand guards and boots on the way (tk). I wanted to thank this great group for all the help...Ukswrath, JustJoseph3, Sparky with the Alabama Garrison and slavefive...everyone who has helped as well.<br><br>

Workbench being set up tomorrow, dremel and tools purchased (mostly)...blaster on the way next week. And I am slated to be a "handler" for the Alabama Garrison at the Rougue One premier troop...really excited about that.<br><br>

Hate to take up space...but I wanted to really thank everyone for all of the help. Without this great group of people...and the FISD forums...I am confident I would have made a costly mistake. I am grateful to all who have been so helpful and giving of their time...and I hope to be a helpful addition as I work through my build and post my progress.If I can be 1 percent the help to someone that I have received...then I will be a happy guy.<br><br>

Much more to come! Centurion HERE I COME!

• Like 1

Always great to hear that someone is way ahead of the game before even ordering their kit!  I always stick by the old Boy Scout motto... "Be prepared".  Nothing worse than being in the middle of your build and then finding out that you need this or that, and having to put things on hold.  

AM is certainly a great set of armor.  I use it as my main trooping gear, and have had no problems at all after dozens and dozens of events.

Especially glad to know that you have signed up as a handler with your local Garrison.  You can learn a lot just from being there and asking questions, and get to know some of the local 501st members as well.

As I suggest to everyone building a kit... take your time, especially since you are headed for Centurion.  This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we are here to help.

• Like 2

The way you're going you'll have no problem when the BBB arrives. Can't wait to see your build thread and later in the Advanced Tactics section! Good Luck Future Trooper!

• Like 1

Thanks all! On the list / AM 2.0 Armor is on the way in 4-6 weeks. Have blaster ordered, Darman's neck seal and holster ordered...got the hand guards and rivets from Joseph...so...all I need are:<br><br><br>

Gloves, boots, Under-Armor, Quality canvas belt, some quality centurion-level detonator clips and an I-comm...gee...is that all? Hahaha. Any expert suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Looks like I have 4-6 weeks to be ready!<br><br><br>

Any help on all but the under-armor would be kindly accepted...haha

Edited by Jaltrooper

Boots: TKBoots or Imperial Boots

Gloves: Black nomex for comfort, rubber chemical gloves for accuracy

Undersuit: Underarmor or a cheaper knock-off brand, as long as the labels can either be hidden or otherwise covered up

Canvas belt: TKittell (either here at FISD or via his website at imperialissue.com)

Voice changer: Either a standalone Aker MR1506 or an Aker / iComm combo

In addition, start accumulating the tools and supplies needed for your build. Clamps, rare earth magnets, blue painters tape, E6000 adhesive, cutting tools, etc.