Which boots?

My boots showed up in CA Feb 3. So that's 25 business days approximately for those interested. <br>

And, @RynoHawk, even tho yes, I'll be a FO trooper I noticed that all the TK's in Rogue One now are wearing the same T7 boot, so does that mean all the standard TK's can start wearing them too?

My boots showed up in CA Feb 3. So that's 25 business days approximately for those interested. <br>

And, @RynoHawk, even tho yes, I'll be a FO trooper I noticed that all the TK's in Rogue One now are wearing the same T7 boot, so does that mean all the standard TK's can start wearing them too?

R1 TK and OT TK are entirely different sets of armor, so that would be an incredibly surprising change. I highly doubt that will happen.

R1 TK and OT TK are entirely different sets of armor, so that would be an incredibly surprising change. I highly doubt that will happen.

I'm just saying...  Rogue One troopers used the T7 shoes with the original style armor.  Different it may be somehow, but the T7 shoes seem much better.

post-30162-0-14924500-1486868951_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you're sold on Imperial Boots. They seem like good peeps, they do donate to MAW. I bought a pair from TK boots and they are really well made and as mentioned the complete package is really great, like everyone said, a patch, sticker, shoe horns and bags for each boot and well packaged, worth every penny in my opinion. I'll stress the downside, I ordered my actual size and like everyone said, one size up would have been ideal.

Edited by zv288bot

I'm just saying...  Rogue One troopers used the T7 shoes with the original style armor.  Different it may be somehow, but the T7 shoes seem much better.

I agree the R1 stormtroopers used T7 boots, but no, not with original style armor.  The differences between Rogue One armor and the OT armor are many, varied, and substantial.  They're not immediately apparent (especially from a distance), but the differences are vast.

20170109102512-d07fcd4b-me.jpg

(hi res here)

To date, no armor maker (or even solo prop maker) has released a set of true Rogue One armor.  When they do, it's going to be intricate and EXPENSIVE (if sold).  I look forward to seeing it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Simply putting R1/TFA-style boots on OT armor would be very inaccurate.  Similarly (I'm not really clear what your goal is), putting R1/TFA-style boots on an OT stormtrooper would also be very inaccurate.

That said, if a Rogue One TK is your goal, efforts are being made to make the armor somewhat attainable, using pieces from various OT armor makers and modifying (often substantially) into a sort of R1 TK armor that will pass at a basic level.  If you're interested in joining in the process, there's a CRL development thread in the Rogue One forum:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38187-rogue-one-stormtrooper-crl/

If an OT TK is your goal, don't look at the newer boot styles for approval.  The CRLs are pretty clear, and the original boots are readily available from a number of vendors, so I don't see the OT CRLs being modified to allow the new boot styles for OT troopers.  It's going to be an entirely separate CRL for R1.

Edited by kman

@kman<br>

Yes, I see the discussion. I guess I may never be as particular as some of you guys on the details. I will probably never make the higher levels. I'm very new to this, but I have a love for it. I just want to have fun and not get too hung up on the details. I'll get my suit eventually approved and maybe have some fun with it.

• Like 1

And take this for what it's worth... I have a good friend who works in the prop industry that made some of the R1 suits for some of the movie shots, he had actual film used parts, made more parts for the film and is telling me they are the same. <br>

But if they say here they are different here, well, I can't really dispute any of it. I have no first hand knowledge. I'm just here for fun.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...