Speaker Mounting for HWT

PistolPete

That sounds like quite an undertaking, Peter.  Not sure where I would even start!  If you ordered the 10 watt Aker (or even the 12 watt) it should fit comfortably inside your chest plate.  This is what I do:

I used Velcro to attach the iComm to the inside of the chest plate itself, (a little off center), and I simply hang the Aker around my neck with the strap they include.  They are thin enough (especially the 10 watt, which is MORE than loud enough) to not make the chest piece bulge out.  Plus, all the wires are inside, and not visible.  Connecting wires from the iComm to the Aker in an ammo pack may prove tricky, but if you decide to go for it, post up a thread with some photos!

Like Joseph said, if you can do it post some pictures. I have the amp and Icomm attached to my chest plate. Being right there sounds like it's from the helmet. Either way Good Luck!

Just thought of something else... the canvas that the ammo pack is made from would probably muffle the speaker considerably.  The chest plate gives it a cooler sound, and like Randy mentioned, it actually does sound like it is coming from the helmet.

Awesome, thanks for the info. It was just a thought, to keep the speaker close to the helmet. Was thinking of attaching the ammo pouch to the pauldron, so I can run the wires from the helmet, under the neck seal and then through a hole in the back of the ammo pouch. It seems like the chest plate is a popular place to put the speaker and I'm sure there is a reason for that. I may look at mounting it in the ammo pouch, but it seems that in the chest plate is a better idea. How do you run the wire from the microphone to the iComm?