TK-4765 requesting ANH EIB status

H. David Phillips

Redbeard

TK-4765

MidSouth Garrision

armor by Walt's Trooper Factory

height    5'-9"

weight    170lbs.

I am requesting ANH EIB status,  man i hope this works.  i was having trouble getting the pics to post.

http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/phill1138/library/

Edited by redbeard

Hi David!  I am sending you a PM with some tips to help you post the photos here, as opposed to providing the link above.  This will make it much easier (and faster) to get your approval started.  

TK 4765 requesting ANH stunt EIB status

H. David Phillips

redbeard

TK4765

MidSouth Garrision

Height     5'-9"

weight     170 lbs.

armor by Walts Trooper Factory

SANY3681.jpgSANY3680.jpgSANY3674.jpgSANY3675.jpgSANY3677.jpgSANY3678.jpgSANY3672.jpgSANY3671.jpgSANY3669.jpgSANY3667.jpgSANY3666.jpgSANY3665.jpgSANY3664.jpgSANY3663.jpgSANY3662.jpgSANY3661.jpgSANY3660.jpgSANY3659.jpgSANY3658.jpgSANY3657.jpgSANY3656.jpgSANY3655.jpgSANY3654.jpgSANY3653.jpgSANY3679.jpg

Looking sharp, David, and glad to see the pics!  There is one thing at this point that you will need to address...  The thigh ammo pack is mounted way too high on the right leg.  It will need to be dropped to where the rivets line up up on the bottom, as seen in the picture below.  This is actually a pretty easy fix, but might take a bit of time.  You will need to remove the rivets, and mix up a small amount of ABS paste to cover the holes, let it dry for a few hours, and then sand it down smooth.  After that, you can re-mount the ammo pack lower.  If you need more rivets, just let me know via PM and I will send you some free of charge.

20150712_081720_resized_zpsdzgqch4l.jpg

David,

Looks really good.  My next build is going to be a Walt's Trooper Factory Shadow Trooper.

In regards to your EIB application, if I may offer 1 comments.  Your shims between your ab plate and kidney plate may need to be fixed a little bit. There is a separation between the shim and kidney plate that should not be there.  I know, because I just had to modify mine in order to become EIB.

Side%20shim_zpsm0hnrueq.jpg

I would recommend using an ABS plate to connect the side shim and the kidney plate from the inside and then glue it so it is flush from the outside.  I see that you might have it attached to fabric or velcro, I cannot tell.

Again, this is only an observation.  If you need for me to clarify more, let me know.  I sometimes am not very clear when typing.

Keep up the great work and good luck on your application.

ABS paste is made by taking tiny (think shavings) of scrap ABS from your build, and mixing it it with a SMALL amount of pure Acetone.  You will only need about a teaspoon or so of shavings for those tiny holes.  Using a glass jar with a lid or cover, mix in a half teaspoon of acetone to start, and let it sit, (this may take a while), stirring occasionally.  The consistency when ready should be like toothpaste or marshmallow fluff with no lumps.  Put a piece of painter's tape both behind the hole and around the perimeter of the front, and carefully fill it until it is just higher than the level of the armor.  Remove the tape on the front immediately.  Let it dry for a few hours, and sand it down.  Done deal.  You can use Novus polish to make the area shiny again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David, the guys have offered you some great advise, thanks for taking it onboard and we are looking forward to seeing your modifications.