Body Casting

So i've been toying with the idea of making my own molds, and doing my own vacu-forming. The only problem I'm having right now is finding anyone i know that has ever made a body cast in order to accomplish this feat.

Does anyone out there have body casting experience?

And if not, is there an easier way to make armor molds?

I was able to buy an inexpensive mannequin off ebay and modify it to my body measurements.

-----

With the money I would've on materials to make a body cast, it was more cost effective to use a dummy. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

if only they shipped that mannequin to the uk, it would be perfect for displaing my armour.

I bagged one off ebay £50 inc delivery (new) from a german company

Loutoff Neuve Mannequin GM8

item number: 310060896028

They have gone up a bit in price , but alot has recently!

cheers

so you used the mannequin to make molds? I was under the impression that with a body cast, you could just fill it in to make the molds, or am i way off?

I'm not sure what you mean? I use the mannequin for a base then use plasticine clay to make the shape of the armor. You then have to pull a negative cast off the clay model. You can then make a positive or plug mold, sand smooth or shape to use in vacuum forming....in its simplest terms.