ANH Stunt helmet HELP NEEDED! Frozen with fear.....

TK102468

Hey there,<br><br>

I'm in the final stages of an RS Props ANH Stunt helmet build and am paralysed with fear... I need to paint the thin black penstripes around all the grey bits and am scared out of my mind! <br><br>

Has anyone ever gone around it with a sharpie and then painted over that with enamel? It's fudging it, I know, but I'm thinking it might help me make the lines straighter than if I just lay down the enamel.<br><br>

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

This is how I did my traps: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35424-themaninthesuitcase-anovos-ahn-stunt-build/?p=479783

For the lines around the edge, I just took my time.  Braced up as well as I could and even then I made mistakes.  Just have some kitchen roll handy and a bit of the appropriate thinners, though go easy on this.  

If you make a mistake, I made several, wipe away straight away.  As the base grey is dry a quick wipe won't hurt it but will take away the wet paint with out issue.

if you're worried practice on a scrap piece.  Alot of the trick is getting the right amount of paint onto the brush.

• Like 1

I've seen a few people using a sharpie. You could also paint the whole section black then fill in the grey, it's a little easier than doing the thin line of black afterwards

Thanks... Used trooperbay's painting sequence videos as a guide so the grey is already painted in... Don't want to cheat with a sharpie, but I thought that might be a way to lay down a good guideline that I could then paint over. Looks like I pick a day when the hands are nice and steady and there are no distractions and just go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1