Chopper857's ANH TK Stunt build

Well here we go the start of the big build adventure, main amour is on order from RS but i am going to start with a overhaul of my Anovos bucket, A few things just dont sit right straight out of the box 

1. left ear gap to brow looks a bit large ??

2. over spray on frown.

3. lens placement and fitment bit fragile 

any thoughts and comments on photos i will upload greatly appreciated.

Also upgrades to go in are 

plasti dip paint 

Ukswrath's echo bracket and fan system 

TRamps voice changing MIc system

Helmet padding set up

IMG_2677_zpsy9mgoa49.jpg

IMG_2680_zpsfdjghpkf.jpgIMG_2679_zpszoxrk6tw.jpg

RS should work well with the Anovos helmet, there are many who believe they are both based on the same original armour.

Looking at my Anovos helmet it does seem your gap between the face plate and cap is a bit larger how ever I've had mine apart so could be how I put mine back together.

For the frown I used Humbrol Enamel thinners and possibly some Isopropyl alcohol.  The thinners can be got at Hobbycraft (get a big 125ml one it evaporates FAST) and the IPA at a chemist, independents are more likely to have it vs a boots etc.  I just cleaned off all the grey and then repainted with Humbrol Enamel #5 Admiralty grey.

On mine I pulled out all the standard internal stuff as it's a bit pants.  For the lens I measured out and drilled the lens it's self to fit the screws that hold the ears on.  These screws should ideally be swapped out for some M3.5 counter sinks painted white (again i used Humbrol, white gloss).

screws:http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-brass-countersunk-slotted-head-machine-screws-m3-m4-m6/I used the M3.5x 30mm long

nuts: http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-coarse-brass-hexagon-full-nuts-m2-m3-m3-5-m4-m5-m6-m8-m10/

washers : http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-brass-flat-washers-m3-to-m10/ 

This shows my lens mounting.

26007650292_a2955417b8_c.jpg

For the padding I used some cheap tactical pads from eBay but a foam clover is also popular and was what was used on the set. The clover is just some 1" foam cut to a shape that works well in the bucket.

I wouldn't worry about plastidip. You'll find very few people bother in the UK and people I've spoken to who've done it here say it wasn't worth it.

The one other thing people will usually do on the Anovos helmet is either change the mesh or the whole mic tip (aka hovi tip). The mesh on the anovos is too fine, I swapped mine out for a bit cut from a poundland sieve but I'm still not 100% happy so might change them for some others in future.

My bucket refurb starts on this page and is a bit scattered amongst the armour build: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35424-themaninthesuitcase-anovos-ahn-stunt-build/page-5

• Like 2

Hello Martyn,

The Anovos bucket is great. I plasti dipped it too and installed the padding of a motorcycle helmet, installed ukswrath's hearing assist system, and fans.

F5C852D4-01FF-43CF-B604-E018F3F06519_zps

Have a look into my build thread. There you can see how I made everything. :)

Enjoy your build! I loved building mine and can't wait to start another armor. :D

Best regards

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

Hello Martyn,

The Anovos bucket is great. I plasti dipped it too and installed the padding of a motorcycle helmet, installed ukswrath's hearing assist system, and fans.

F5C852D4-01FF-43CF-B604-E018F3F06519_zps

Have a look into my build thread. There you can see how I made everything. :)

Enjoy your build! I loved building mine and can't wait to start another armor. :D

Best regards

Christian

are they prescription Lenses fitted in your bucket ??

RS should work well with the Anovos helmet, there are many who believe they are both based on the same original armour.

Looking at my Anovos helmet it does seem your gap between the face plate and cap is a bit larger how ever I've had mine apart so could be how I put mine back together.

For the frown I used Humbrol Enamel thinners and possibly some Isopropyl alcohol.  The thinners can be got at Hobbycraft (get a big 125ml one it evaporates FAST) and the IPA at a chemist, independents are more likely to have it vs a boots etc.  I just cleaned off all the grey and then repainted with Humbrol Enamel #5 Admiralty grey.

On mine I pulled out all the standard internal stuff as it's a bit pants.  For the lens I measured out and drilled the lens it's self to fit the screws that hold the ears on.  These screws should ideally be swapped out for some M3.5 counter sinks painted white (again i used Humbrol, white gloss).

screws:http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-brass-countersunk-slotted-head-machine-screws-m3-m4-m6/I used the M3.5x 30mm long

nuts: http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-coarse-brass-hexagon-full-nuts-m2-m3-m3-5-m4-m5-m6-m8-m10/

washers : http://www.spaldingfasteners.co.uk/metric-brass-flat-washers-m3-to-m10/ 

This shows my lens mounting.

26007650292_a2955417b8_c.jpg

For the padding I used some cheap tactical pads from eBay but a foam clover is also popular and was what was used on the set. The clover is just some 1" foam cut to a shape that works well in the bucket.

I wouldn't worry about plastidip. You'll find very few people bother in the UK and people I've spoken to who've done it here say it wasn't worth it.

The one other thing people will usually do on the Anovos helmet is either change the mesh or the whole mic tip (aka hovi tip). The mesh on the anovos is too fine, I swapped mine out for a bit cut from a poundland sieve but I'm still not 100% happy so might change them for some others in future.

My bucket refurb starts on this page and is a bit scattered amongst the armour build: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35424-themaninthesuitcase-anovos-ahn-stunt-build/page-5

Thanks for the heads up with the screws and thinners been trying to track down the right ones, going to split my lense just for more room really bit of a wearing glasses issue, seeing if can place everything so no need to mess with contacts 

If you're perscription isn't too strong just go with out.  I wear glasses normally but don't bother in armour.  The visor isn't great and messes with the view anyway.  When trooping you will have a spotter to help guide you too, some other costumes may as well be blind!

Hi Martyn,<br>

Nice job with the eyes and the T-nuts. :)<br><br>

Yes I installed the precription lenses from a gas mask in my bucket. It's very handy and my glasses have no room in my bucket anyway. ;)

Cheers for the positive feedback, the  lenses look better from the front now I think

IMG_2714_zpsywl8cjsm.jpg

Have now started to re-assemble used the old screws for alignment only and then pop riveted in place using a 3.5 mm flat washer on the other side also as to not stress the plastic to much

IMG_2715_zpsttbyamgb.jpg

also used a additional rivet on the left side to close up the gap to the brow trim that was bothering me

IMG_2717_zpsigeggtvw.jpg

OK so now i have the correct screws thanks to themaninthesuitcase and have now painted the tops IMG_2745_zps4rno5ko4.jpg

While i am waiting for that to dry i thought i would have a go re doing the helmet padding using some AIrsoft Mich pads and a load of velcro and i also made some packers for the pads going in around the brow

IMG_2746_zps9dchil99.jpg

first placement done 

IMG_2747_zpsjhtwxvmg.jpg

Now all in place giving a snug fit and little or no helmet wobble or rotation when i have it on :smiley-sw013:  :D  result

IMG_2748_zpszgvbzps9.jpg

Minor updates this time i have re painted the frown adding those two little teeth either side and and positioned all the Velcro for my Mic attachment.IMG_2757_zpsxht2ckud.jpg

IMG_2763_zpsqbfzxhsw.jpg

what also turned up yesterday was my neck seal really happy with the one i chose in the end  :)

IMG_2758_zpswpty36nz.jpg

bucket wise everything's coming together just need to source some better hovi mic tips and s-trim, but i think i have found a source for the s trim now.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now it gets difficult its BBB day obliviously it time for the standard box picture :jc_doublethumbup:

bbb%20day_zpsu8cvn5tq.jpg  

I then spent the next hour laying it all out 

armour%20layout_zps4wlget6f.jpg

Edited by Chopper857

• 2 weeks later...

ok worked through on the wrist ends of the forearm parts, returns where done are around 6 MM for starters will take another look once assembled just nervous about the right inner forearm does any one have any tips for first layout this is RS armor so no cut lines 

forearm%20returns_zps7l8gwrcz.jpg

right%20arm%20inner_zpswx9iz7kj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...