TK-10118 Reporting for Duty

ARC

If Only You Knew:

- I'm a do'er and hate reading, everyone says, read, read, read and ask questions. So I decided to cut it down and made some notes.

- Maybe a top 5 list of things you learned that might not be so obvious to new recruits.

1. If your using E6000. Glue and magnets, buy lots. I can't recall how many times this slowed me down.

2. Glue pt2. When your getting low, buy or order another ASAP.

3. It worked well for me to do a soft costume first. I got my numbers and got involved with the garrison and got me familiar with it all works and also assisted me with the build and helped me see how they have done it.

4. Armour parties are great. Great for help, great socially and great just in general.

5. If you're like me and have heaps of leave, take some time off work and dedicate some uninterrupted time to it.

Oops!:

- PPE is so important. A couple of times I got too complacent and forgot to put on protective glasses while using the Dremel and ended up with plastic in my eye.

- Probably the thing that held me back the most was having trimmed the face mask down too much at the sides. I wont do that again. It made me nervous to continue and the build stalled for ages.

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

- One morning after I got home from a night shift, my daughters little Chihuahua's didn't get up to bark at me as usual. By this time my bucket was probably 90% done and was wearable. About an hour later as the family started to rise, I stood around the corner of the lounge room with my bucket on. My daughter screamed, the dogs lost their shucks and went ballistic at me. Was priceless.

Shout Outs:

- Thanks to my fellow garrison mates for the advise and hosting armour parties, particularly Sith Lord, Andylah, Chris788, Obickay, Veers and Aston.

- And another shout out to ukswrath for that awesome build thread that provided invaluable guidance. 

- And I can't leave the Mrs out for putting up with driving all over the place for things I needed.

Lastly, A pic from my first troop after being approved at an event called Brandcast.

Standing here with the Managing Director of Disney AU/NZ. Seems I was the shortest stormtrooper. LOL

29079670504_00a024cfa9_b.jpg

Edited by ARC
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...