TK Helmet Interior Kit - build thread and questions

Sentry71

Sales and photo thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37770-tk-helmet-interior-kit

Aaron has put together a neat kit for adding some interesting details to the inside of a stormtrooper helmet. I had been following his original thread for a while, and when the opportunity came up, I ordered a deluxe kit from him. One week went by, and I had the kit in hand.

The parts are well made, and there is a lot of opportunity for custom work.

------

I had let the kit sit for quite a while, as I had not had time to try and work on it. I pulled the kit back out this weekend, thinking of how to address it with the other electronics I will have in the helmet (eqdizzle fans, ukswrath SHA and Hovi Mic kits). Only the fans are installed currently.

I started by trimming the flashing on the main faceplate from the kit along the back, basically getting it to where it could sit into the front of my helmet. I also trimmed the other parts, trying to clean off any excess material from each molded piece. There will still be trimming to do, but at least all parts are clean edged.

oS6hGss.jpg

I went ahead and taped the faceplate into the front of the helmet, and tried it on. 

When I got the helmet into place on my head, both my nose and my chin were resting against the formed plastic of the insert. I don't know if others have had this same experience, but I hope to get a little feedback. I will also continue trying some other options for how to address this. For reference, I have an AP ANH stunt helmet.

OzCjEdf.jpg

Apeembw.jpg

• Like 4

Keen to see this progress. I've also got one of Aaron's kits waiting for install. I too am curious about the fitment of my snozza in there once installed....

Thanks! I'm interested to see who else has this issue - or if I am the only one. :)

Any plans to paint the parts?

Yes, I definitely will be painting and adding tiny screws for detail here and there - but if this isn't going to fit, I would be better off selling as is, so that the next person can do their own mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually have not had a chance to continue on it for quite a while. Now that Twnbrother has posted his, I need to get back on mine!

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after doing some general trimming and test fitting, I have determined that I will not be able to use the kit.

I taped the side boxes in place, and found that I could not even get the helmet on. The faceplate sits against my nose. So, unfortunately, I will be listing the kit in the for sale section later.

Aaron did an awesome job with this kit, and someone else will definitely enjoy it, I am sure.

• 1 month later...

I was able to get mine to fit without touching my nose...  I did one vocoder with magnets to get it tight to the helmet and another one with standoffs like in aarons thread.  The cheek boxes I trimmed to fit...  i placed a total of four cheek boxes...  two went in the nape of the neck to cover more electronics.  I have a pretty big head  7 5/8" hat.  

7lEuqfM.jpg

ZdeXlNs.jpg

• Like 1