HyTechToyz TK voice amp/hovi speakers

ShadyP

Does anyone have experience or advise regarding this product?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181869042218?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I understand that the static bursts aren't automatic like the iComm, but as an all inclusive, in the bucket, design I don't mind not having the static.  If this is a good reliable kit with quality amplification I'm going to jump on it.  

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I have the version without the hove-mics or amplifier. Only real problem I've had it putting in the helmet so you don't have a lot of feedback. I ended up having to put the speaker just above the visor. It sounds pretty good but I almost wish I would've gotten a different system, and probably will. UKswrath has a good one.

I had this system in my first bucket, and to be quite honest, I was not too impressed.  Lots of feedback, and not very loud, as the speaker is he size of a quarter.  Swapped it out for one of Tony's (ukswrath) units which is about 500% better! 

I had this system in my first bucket, and to be quite honest, I was not too impressed.  Lots of feedback, and not very loud, as the speaker is he size of a quarter.  Swapped it out for one of Tony's (ukswrath) units which is about 500% better! 

Was the problem with his hovi tip speaker or with the amp that powered it?  2x1.5watt 8ohm speakers should be plenty in my (primarily musical) experience.  If the amp can't push enough gain without feeding back, then yeah it needs an upgrade.  

You switch to Tony's hovi tip system? His speakers are half the power rating which again points me to the linked kit not having enough jucie in the amp. 

If the price was reduced to $100 instead of the $160 would you have found it more worthwhile?

This is the one I ordered, http://www.ebay.com/itm/STORMTROOPER-HELMET-DIGITAL-VOICE-CHANGER-SYSTEM-W-SPEAKER-MICROPHONE-NEW/171934728205?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37427%26meid%3Def1d43eb78224bd488aea6ebf37c9cc2%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D181869042218.  I paid right around $100.00 for it, including postage, and it still works.  If you would like to try it out, I can let you have it for $25.00 shipped Priority Mail.  Just drop me a PM if interested.

• Like 1

This is the one I ordered, http://www.ebay.com/itm/STORMTROOPER-HELMET-DIGITAL-VOICE-CHANGER-SYSTEM-W-SPEAKER-MICROPHONE-NEW/171934728205?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D37427%26meid%3Def1d43eb78224bd488aea6ebf37c9cc2%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D181869042218.  I paid right around $100.00 for it, including postage, and it still works.  If you would like to try it out, I can let you have it for $25.00 shipped Priority Mail.  Just drop me a PM if interested.

That speaker is included in the kit I linked.  Did you try the hovi tips or just that one?

ok.  Well, since I found it offered via a facebook post from someone upgrading to the iComm I jumped on it.  It comes with the Hovi tip speakers and this little amp.  If it's not loud enough to function properly, I'll put it back on the market for the same price I paid.  If it works, I saved some money.  Either way I'll be sure to update you all here.

Cheers Troopers.

Ok, I installed this speaker system last night.  The Hovi tip speakers aren't terrible.  The digitizer and amplifier aren't terrible.  the Mic is terrible.  I pretty much have to place it in my mouth for it to pick up what I'm saying.  What mic's do you folks use?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After more time with this setup and attempting multiple microphones and microphone placement, I can confirm that it's pretty much garbage. Sure, it works BUT the digitizer leaves your voice mostly unintelligible. I have not been able to place a microphone anywhere except for in my mouth to get reasonable volume and when I get volume the Hopi tips feedback because the mic is too close to them. <br><br>

I can't hate on the tips themselves, for tiny little speakers they function as they should. The rest of the kit needs to be replaced. I just sent UKSWRATH a PM to discuss whether his amp will work with these tips. <br><br>

TL:DR don't buy the hightechtoyz kit.

• 3 months later...

Where can "Ukswrath's one" be purchased ?

• 3 months later...

I can't understand why the price is too high the plastic mic without speaker is 20 $(it's only one stamp of 3d printer) the price of the speakers is between 1,5 and 15 $ and the final price is 70$....why??? And the kind of speaker that hovi mic or other that I found is not a bose or other power micro speaker, for me this kind of speaker is really kool but very very very expensive

I have one and I'm not impressed. Couldn't get the feed back to stop inside of the helmet so I moved the speaker to inside my upper chest. You can still barely hear it. I will eventually get something better but for now, I'll be the mute Stormtrooper.